Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #111 
Sharktagger07

10g no filter

Howdy,
Here is my initial set up 10g Planted tank. It was going well until the last 3 days there has been a huge algae spike and plants are dying off a bit.
Attached Images

Sharktagger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #112 
Crowntails

Love everyone's tanks! I'm saving up money for a new tank (4 gallons!) and I am going to make it planted.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #113 
DanielaMarie

You all have some amazing tanks! I'm currently in the process of redoing my tank due to my plants dying off from an algae bloom. I currently have a few amazon swords in the back of the tank and some anacharis floating. Do you guys have any suggestions on additional plants? It's a 10 gallon with Petco sand substrate and I'm working on making it heavily planted. Here it is currently; the small swords in the middle and foreground will be replaced.
Attached Images

DanielaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #114 
Kwomais

Shark, I really like the colour scheme you have going on in there, great substrate combo. I know hat you mean about the plants and the algae, just killed mine off as well (I needed some floaters/more water column feeders so I went on my local aquarium club's classifieds and managed to get a hold of some floating fairy moss which solved my algae problem in about 4 days!) Maybe you need some more floaters like I did. My problem was definitely a combination of too much lighting and not enough water column feeders. Adding the floaters seems to have solved the whole problem for me :) Even killed of my amazing hair algae problem!
Kwomais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #115 
Stone

This is my 46 gal bowfront tank that's in my bedroom, it has one male king betta in it but it is really a community tank with lots of fish bright colors and plants plants plants, hope you like, yes it has a ton of fish too
Attached Images

Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #116 
Agility4fun

Wow Stone, that is an amazing setup. So massive in scale and theme. I could sit in front of it for hours.
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #117 
laurenmekal

Smile proud to say my girls tank is now 100% naturally planted!

she has an amazon sword, windelov java fern, some dwarf hairgrass and a marimo moss ball!
i'm really happy about it!
im hoping everything grows in really well. any suggestions on caring for these? all i have is gravel, is there any tank fertilizer i should get?
i also wanna get a taller plant, or something that hangs out at the top. any suggestions, preferably low maintenance as i am still starting out (:
Attached Images

laurenmekal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #118 
Agility4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenmekal View Post
she has an amazon sword, windelov java fern, some dwarf hairgrass and a marimo moss ball!
i'm really happy about it!
im hoping everything grows in really well. any suggestions on caring for these? all i have is gravel, is there any tank fertilizer i should get?
i also wanna get a taller plant, or something that hangs out at the top. any suggestions, preferably low maintenance as i am still starting out (:
It's super neat!! I like your wooden structure.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #119 
laurenmekal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility4fun View Post
It's super neat!! I like your wooden structure.
thanks so much!! (:
laurenmekal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #120 
Agility4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenmekal View Post
thanks so much!! (:
Was is the wood bit?

Tags
bettathanyou