Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2013, 01:09 AM   #61 
Hail0788

I got an EE today. I named him Vanilla Ice. He has a beautiful Ice blue body and white fins. I will post pictures later. Hopefully I can get a good shot of him. He just loves to move around fast.
Hail0788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #62 
Kaxen

I named my fish Addie after the little girl in Paper Moon because I had just watched it when I got her.
Kaxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #63 
quietlythundering

So I finally found that new one! He's an all black halfmoon with a blanket of silver metallic scales on his topside and face. He looks like a knight in shining armor!
His name is Declan, in honor of St. Paddy's day weekend.
I would have gone with Delaney (It means "black challenger," appropriate right?!) but I know someone named Delaney who is an old teacher to boot (we talk!) and it would be awkward to say the least, lol.

Last edited by quietlythundering; 03-17-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: grammar
quietlythundering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #64 
prosthetik

I have my main 3 boys named after my favorite band's members [Flake, Ollie & Richard - from Rammstein], I have a black CT named Lestat, after Queen of the Damned, & my girls, Rose, she was like a pale red color when I got her, she's multicolored now so it doesnt suit her, & Penny Garcia after one of the characters from Criminal Minds.
prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #65 
quietlythundering

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosthetik View Post
I have my main 3 boys named after my favorite band's members [Flake, Ollie & Richard - from Rammstein], I have a black CT named Lestat, after Queen of the Damned, & my girls, Rose, she was like a pale red color when I got her, she's multicolored now so it doesnt suit her, & Penny Garcia after one of the characters from Criminal Minds.

I love those names, escpecially Penny Garcia! Criminal minds is such an awesome show! It makes me wanna name a betta Reed
quietlythundering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #66 
Jexx

When I got Galileo, I had plans to give him a great and worthy name. I was torn between Marcus Aurelius, Julius Caesar and Spartacus. We were watching Ancient Aliens on the History channel and they mentioned Galileo Galilee and I knew the name should belong to my fish since he is all the colors of the "heavens". Black, navy blue, cerulean, turquoise, white. Also he is clearly a brilliant astronomer for a fish ^_^
Esmeralda was much more challenging. I wanted her to have an equally great name and no Roman female names were appealing to me. I was also over the greek goddesses. I took a picture of her and her scales shone a bright and sparkling green. Green as an emerald. Thus her name was born as Esmeralda is spanish for Emerald. She may not be a scientist but she is a beauty ^.^
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #67 
erinbirdsong

I named my new Boy ( HMDT) Miles. As in Miles Austin my favorite Dallas Cowboys player. He is blue and white so its fitting I think. He likes it also!
erinbirdsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #68 
Crowntails

I named my Blue Crowntail male Kai because Kai means "ocean" in Hawaiian. He looked like the ocean.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #69 
FinleaPea

Finlea- I have always loved the name because obviously fish have fins, so it was automatically going to be used for my first fish. Since Finlea is usually a name used for a boy and spelt Finley, I had to make it feminine looking and add the 'a' instead of a 'y'.

Odin- I'm obsessed with the movie Thor and when I got Odin, I thought his fins were white and I thought of Thor's father's( Odin) white beard! I know it's strange, but I love his name now:) and it turns out he's cellophane, not white
FinleaPea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #70 
osromatra

I explained D'Argo's name in an earlier post, but coming back to tell about my new girlies:

Jerrica (Jerrica Benton) is Jem's real name (the cartoon). Her coloring is pastel and pink, and she is so demure-looking in the face, I just kept seeing Jem with her. She seems so girly.

Lady Amalthea is the name the unicorn goes by in The Last Unicorn by Peter S Beagle, when she is turned into a human. My fishie has a dot in the middle of her forehead just like the character does in the movie. This is my favorite book. She's also very pale and pastel, like I'd imagine a unicorn to be.

Madame Razz was one of She-Ra's friends, a friendly but kind of bumbly witch. I named my big-momma red cambodian CT after her because their coloring is similar. I call her Razz.

Lalla Rookh is after a character from an old story. I've always liked the name, it's so flowy and pretty. It means "tulip-cheeked." She is a red VT and very flowy and feminine looking so I thought it worked for her.

Rayleigh Scattering is a science term, basically the multitoned radiation of light, like a sunset or through a prism. Her fins remind me of a sunset, so I went with Rayleigh. She is a dark blue/teal/red VT. Her color is so hard to describe, so Rayleigh Scattering is perfect for her.

lastly, Jullanar of the Sea- another old name, from The Arabian Nights. Jullanar was a slave-girl who an old, childless king fell in love with. She never spoke, but once he professed his love, she did, and told him she was a princess from the sea. I wanted something exotic for this one, she a teal CT with red accents. She looks like a little jewel, so I call her that- Jul.
osromatra is offline   Reply With Quote