Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #21 
logisticsguy

Why would you assume we all missed the WHY? or don't know who the breeder is? Its not like Giants are all that rare either as I have a few myself. Its not priceless its overpriced. Not even the only one he has I guarantee you. It is price gouging plain and simple. I grant you that the value of something is whatever a fool will pay for it in the market. Nobody said it wasn't a darn nice fish.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #22 
Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
Why would you assume we all missed the WHY? or don't know who the breeder is? Its not like Giants are all that rare either as I have a few myself. Its not priceless its overpriced. Not even the only one he has I guarantee you. It is price gouging plain and simple. I grant you that the value of something is whatever a fool will pay for it in the market. Nobody said it wasn't a darn nice fish.
Don't try to save face by saying "I have several kings/giants" you have ZERO kings/giants that look like this. None of us know who the breeder is besides his name on aquabid, So if you have a king/giant that looks like any of his post a pic
Stone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #23 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Don't try to save face by saying "I have several kings/giants" you have ZERO kings/giants that look like this. None of us know who the breeder is besides his name on aquabid, So if you have a king/giant that looks like any of his post a pic
Save Face? From what? I think he has started charging way too much lately. Is that lost on you? Go blow a g on him if he is worth it. I look forward to seeing your bid. Did I say I have a good of Giants? No. Jeez.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #24 
blu the betta

stone so your saying you would pay the thousand bucks for that betta.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #25 
Hail0788

Good lord! I love bettas but for $500-$1000 it better make solid gold fry or at least poop out gold nuggets.
Hail0788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #26 
Stone

Well I would pay 200 for one that nice, but 500 is a bit much for me, if I was a breeder, which I might become someday I want to do giants/kings I love my giants/kings I might pay that much for one to save me the work/culling of about 10 or so generations of breeding and culling to get fish that look like him, The guy who developed halfmoons to what they are spent 2 years of breeding to set the standard so yeah I am sure if he could have gotten a leg up and saved a ton of breeding and culling he would have.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #27 
Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
Save Face? From what? I think he has started charging way too much lately. Is that lost on you? Go blow a g on him if he is worth it. I look forward to seeing your bid. Did I say I have a good of Giants? No. Jeez.
save face by not reading the fact that it was a giant/king, and again you saying I have kings/giants like the ones sold at petco says about nill, that would be like buying a crowntail at walmart and expecting to win best in show at a betta show, even though kings are not being shown yet I am willing to say one day they will be, even halfmoons and crowntails were considered junk till a breeder spent a ton of time and money in developing them and setting a standard, kind of like how veiltails the most common of bettas are not shown at all because there is no standard for them.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #28 
valen1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Well I would pay 200 for one that nice, but 500 is a bit much for me, if I was a breeder, which I might become someday I want to do giants/kings I love my giants/kings I might pay that much for one to save me the work/culling of about 10 or so generations of breeding and culling to get fish that look like him, The guy who developed halfmoons to what they are spent 2 years of breeding to set the standard so yeah I am sure if he could have gotten a leg up and saved a ton of breeding and culling he would have.
What do you mean "I might pay that much for one to save me the work/culling of about 10 or so generations of breeding and culling" According to you the fish is priceless, so $500 is a steal! You kind of defeat your own point by saying you would only pay $200 on a priceless fish. You should bid on him now before the opportunity gets past you buddy
valen1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #29 
valen1014

I don't think many of us missed the WHY. I realized it was a giant straight away, but even so, the price is still ridiculous IMO. I agree with you on $200. I personally wouldn't buy him, but I think it's a reasonable price. $500 is just overshooting it though
valen1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #30 
TwilightNite

Wow is all I can say..... He is beautiful but the price on him is absolutely ridiculous.....
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote