Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #11 
bettabetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy Mom View Post
Did you remove or change the decor in his tank since this started?
no actually it started a week ago right after i did clean his tank 100% and change the decor, but i haven't changed it since then
bettabetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #12 
Fishy Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettabetter View Post
no actually it started a week ago right after i did clean his tank 100% and change the decor, but i haven't changed it since then
If you changed the decor, maybe you could try changing it back. My VT boy plays dead if I take his heater out first before cupping him for a water change, if I take out a decoration he likes, or put in a decoration he doesn't like. He's a bit dramatic & spoiled, lol.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #13 
bettabetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy Mom View Post
If you changed the decor, maybe you could try changing it back. My VT boy plays dead if I take his heater out first before cupping him for a water change, if I take out a decoration he likes, or put in a decoration he doesn't like. He's a bit dramatic & spoiled, lol.
wow thats funny! my fish is very spoiled too... he actually didn't like the plant i put in last week, it didn't hide him as well as he liked, and so i changed it to his favorite ones!
also I change them every week, and nothing has ever happened before like this.
bettabetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #14 
Fishy Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettabetter View Post
wow thats funny! my fish is very spoiled too... he actually didn't like the plant i put in last week, it didn't hide him as well as he liked, and so i changed it to his favorite ones!
also I change them every week, and nothing has ever happened before like this.
You have a spoiled boy too. The more you describe his personality the more I think you changed something that he wanted to stay. I'll try taking my boy's heater out first during his next water change in a few days & see if I can get a pic of him playing dead. Then we can compare notes on our spoiled boys.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #15 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Perseus flips out when he sees the color blue as in the lib on the jar of the NLS pellets. He just goes wild and starts flaring and swimming around like a shark...lol
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #16 
Stone

I have a betta named "spoiled brat" he threw a tantrum when I moved his tank location, he hid the whole time, would only come out when it was feeding time and had clamped fins, I had to move the tank back by where my girlfriend sits and works at her computer, as long as he is within about 5 feet of her he is fine, I can change his tank whats in hios tank or anything I want to, but to move him away from her and he flips out.....
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:45 AM   #17 
Picasso84

Yea, my guy flips, & dances, & flares when he sees the color red... He knows its feeding time.... And the one time I tried to put in a totally red silk plant, he flared at it all day... I took it out, cuz I thought maybe it was gonna stress him! But, when I put in a plant that has a red tinge w/ green, and slightly purple on it, he's fine! Lol ...Wacky Fish :)

@Stone: LMAO! That is hilarious!! :) You might have to go find a new g.f. Cuz I think urs has been stolen! Lol
Picasso84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #18 
Blue Fish

He may still be pouting over the blue color/your hands. Mine get irritated if I have to cup them for any reason, and will pout for a week or so afterwards, darting away just like you described when I feed them.

One thing I realized yesterday which really shocked me was that mine notice far more than I had ever realized about their environment. Three of my tanks are close together, and the fish can, presumably, see one another in the different tanks. (I have no idea how good their eyesight is.) I cupped one fish out of one tank...and the others in the OTHER TANKS darted and got stressed over the single cupping in a different tank, several feet away. They saw what had happened to Somerset, and were stressed that it might be going to happen to them as well. I had no idea they were that observant about things happening a fair distance away, and in *another tank* from their own environment. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #19 
Fishy Mom

LOL

These stories about betta tantrums are cracking me up. Is it me or are the boys more dramatic than girls?

Blue fish, I found out how good their eye sight was when I came downstairs & my baby matured overnight. Her tank was several feet away on the opposite counter in my kitchen from my boy. I came down one morning to my boy pacing with the biggest, most dense bubble nest I've ever seen him build & my girl was pacing sporting her breeding stripes.

Bettabetter, did you figure out what is causing it yet?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #20 
sainthogan

My male sulks if anything changes in his environment, inside or outside. He sulked when I upgraded his tank, then he sulked when his Lilly bulb sprouted leaves, until he realized he could sleep on them. Now he's sulking because the some of the leaves are starting to die. He sulked when I changed the scenery outside of his tank, they were pictures of my friends. He stared at the area where they were until I put them back, then he perked back up again.
My female on the other hand, loves scenery changes and gets very excited anytime I change anything in or near her tank.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarming, colors, darting around, nail polish, play dead