Betta Fish Forum banner
1M views 15K replies 837 participants last post by  ThatFishThough 
#1 ·
Alright, let's admit it, we are all guilty of fantasy shopping on Aquabid (and sometimes even splurging!) I thought I would start a thread for people to show off their dream betta's, unusual colors, and exciting purchases!

#3,895 ·
Oh, really? I've read mixed reviews about the Marineland Visitherm....usually the higher wattage ones.....something about the light on the heater remains on even though it isn't giving off heat any more, so you think it's working but it's not. But, if you've had a good experience with the 25w ones, I will give them a try...thanks for the advice! :)

#3,896 ·
IDK I've had several 25w and 50w and never had a problem with any, except one I dropped and it broke but that was my fault.

#3,897 ·
Ok, good to know! I'll give them a try....I want to gradually replace all my "pre-set" ones with heaters I can rely on and have more control over. :)

#3,898 ·
I think Jager also might have a 25w. I know they make good heaters overall. So one of those two I'd try. I have the Marineland because my LFS sells them and it's easy.

#3,906 ·
Since I've bought so many Aquabid fish....and I live in Canada....lol.....I feel qualified to offer my not-so-expert advice! Buying a fish on Aquabid, for me, comes down to the quality of the pictures (I need to see a beautiful, well-lit picture that really shows off the fish....several "poses" are even better....) AND a DOA policy (need to know I will get my money back if the fish is DOA).

#3,919 ·
^i dont get what you're trying to say. $410 is just for shipping? or is it the total for everything to your door? or is it the price shipped to the trans shipper? So the trans shipper is charging you $9 per fish shipping to your door? Or are you doing local pickup at his house? Because if your trans shipper is in toronto and you also live in toronto, why don't you just do a pickup at his place.

#3,920 ·
The transhipper lives in Niagara Falls, which is a couple of hours drive from where I live outside of Toronto. And even if I picked the fish up at his door, he would still be charging the $9 per fish "import fee"....which to me sounds more like a handling fee determined by each individual transhipper. The actual shipping cost (priority mail) was about $55. So I'd save about that much by picking up the fish from him instead of having them shipped from Niagara Falls to me.

#3,922 ·
He's gorgeous! That seller has amazing fish, from what I've seen. I've not bought from them, but I keep falling in love with their fish when I am browsing. I'll click on a thumbnail I like and see the picture, (I usually skip over all the info, as I'm not buying anymore fish right now) fall in love, scroll back up, and oh look, it's Phusit. That seller is going to get me in trouble someday! BTW- I keep seeing your posts catw0man, and am still in awe of the sheer quantity of bettas you have/have coming to you! I have no idea how you do it. Am I correct in my math in that you are going to have 73 total??

#3,923 ·
Yup, I'm going to have 73....actually, I think it might be up to 75 now.....which is why I absolutely cannot buy even one more fish!!! But it's so hard.....lol

#3,924 ·
Wowza! :shock: That's a lot of water changes! ;-) I totally understand, though. If I had the money, space and time for loads more, I would have a whole house just for bettas! Aquabid can be dangerous... And so very tempting.

#3,926 ·
Oh, thanks Signature. That will really help me NOT buy from him! ;-)

I've heard good stuff about him on other threads. Was your fish as beautiful in person or does Phusit just have an amazing photographer?

#3,927 ·
I have a crowntail from Phusit that I got in my last shipment....and he's more beautiful than the picture. And I have 3 more CTs coming in the next shipment....so please buy that mustard gas butterfly I posted the pic of and save me!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.