Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #1 
bserrano2

New Betta Owner have questions

Hi all! I've had Renji now since January. After a month i got him a 2.5 mini bow tank. Now the tank itself is great and fits perfectly in my cubicle of a room. I got it a heater but as of now haven't used it since the water has been constant at 75 degrees. I had issues with the current and used a the foot part of a panty hose and so far that has helped.

Issues I'm having: Renji (my veil tail) would blow bubbles in his 1-gallon bowl now he wont in his big new tank. I thought it was because of the current from the filter. Now that i took care of that he still wont.

Im also noticing his fin tip is white i read that it could be growing back since he did have fin rot when i first purchased him.

I feed him once a day.

For mini bow owners does your filter make a loud humming noise? is that normal? and is there an alternate lightbulb i can use that isn't so bright and cause an uncomfortable glare. The minute i plugged it in he went crazy even hit the tank.

I know i must be annoying at this point but i feel that along with research i should ask.

I am attaching what my tank and fish look like. Thanks in advance to whomever reads this and offers help.
Attached Images

bserrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bserrano2 View Post
Hi all! I've had Renji now since January. After a month i got him a 2.5 mini bow tank. Now the tank itself is great and fits perfectly in my cubicle of a room. I got it a heater but as of now haven't used it since the water has been constant at 75 degrees. I had issues with the current and used a the foot part of a panty hose and so far that has helped.
75 is actually too cold. Get that heater on! :) Bettas like their water between 78 and 82.

Issues I'm having: Renji (my veil tail) would blow bubbles in his 1-gallon bowl now he wont in his big new tank. I thought it was because of the current from the filter. Now that i took care of that he still wont.
Pfft, bubblenests are not an indication of health or happiness. Don't worry about it.

Im also noticing his fin tip is white i read that it could be growing back since he did have fin rot when i first purchased him.
That is true. Again, raising the temperature will help.

I feed him once a day.
If you can manage two small meals twice a day, that would be better. :)

I know i must be annoying at this point but i feel that along with research i should ask.
Asking questions is not annoying - we are here because we love answering them! :)

I am attaching what my tank and fish look like. Thanks in advance to whomever reads this and offers help.
He's a handsome fish. :) I would suggest some more decorations, if you can wangle it. Bettas love to hide and explore new things.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #3 
bserrano2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
He's a handsome fish. :) I would suggest some more decorations, if you can wangle it. Bettas love to hide and explore new things.
Thanks for the advice, I'll give the heater a shot and see how he responds to it. As for decorations I've been on amazon looking into it. Thank you again :)
bserrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
filter, lightbulb, minibow, unsure