Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #3911 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
The Canadian to U.S. exchange rate is actually fairly close right now and has been for some time.....so $30 Canadian would be less in U.S. currency....like $27 or so U.S. (we could look it up on an online currency converter to be sure).

Oh, and sorry if my previous post sounded like I was in any way criticizing your ad....I hadn't even looked at it at that point. I was just generalizing what I'm looking for as a buyer.
Your exactly right, We are going to make some changes and i may even add some more fish. Visual is so important and the thai guys do some top notch photo work. I stink at photography myself so it could be tough lol.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #3912 
Chard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
Thanks Chard56 for some great advise. I will make those changes. The US and Can Dollar are close but the cost of everything in Canada is much higher. For instance a fast food lunch in US that costs 5.00 would be 7.50 here. A 18k car in US would be 25k in Canada, taxes are way higher.The LFS store by by house charges 44.00 for a very average at best half moon if they even have any... This is why I had to import my breeding stock. If you consider the transhipper and extra fees on top of the cost of a thai import for a canadian buyer, my fish will actually be much cheaper in the end even at 30.00 compared to a thai at 20.00. For instance, My original 8 thai hm cost 20 each so 160 plus 180 extra by the time they arrived. It is not an even playing field so my fish will look expensive to most people. Thanks again for the help I owe you one sir.

CJ
Yikes! I need to find a way to get a transshipper to Canada evidently. I've tried contacting one a couple times but never get a response.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #3913 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
Ok, $27 then. I start mine at $14 and maybe have a dollar higher reserve at $15 and a buy-it-now at $16 unless it's something really exceptional and I might go $18 for a bin price. Starting out at $27 I just don't think they'll go that fast.
Your right. I will put up some of my other fish at lower prices and see how it goes.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #3914 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
Yikes! I need to find a way to get a transshipper to Canada evidently. I've tried contacting one a couple times but never get a response.
Well there is Hung Pham in Toronto. I know he deals with mostly thai imports. Maybe I should look into what it requires for a transhipper licence myself lol. It is a pain for me to ship to the US right now.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #3916 
Hadoken Kitty

That fish right there ermehgerd
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #3917 
Hail0788

Ugh! I was I had a lot of money. I so would buy those beautiful bettas and start breeding them.
Hail0788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #3918 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
Well there is Hung Pham in Toronto. I know he deals with mostly thai imports. Maybe I should look into what it requires for a transhipper licence myself lol. It is a pain for me to ship to the US right now.
All the fish I've imported have gone through Hung Pham.....my last batch which was 36 fish cost $410 to the transhipper on top of whatever I'd already paid the breeders/sellers. That amount includes shipping, heat packs, box fee and import fees. He normally charges $10 "import fee" per fish, but gave me a discount to $9 because I was importing so many. I've seen U.S. transhippers say they are charging only $2 per fish.

So....yeah, it's a little crazy.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #3919 
GoodMorning

^i dont get what you're trying to say. $410 is just for shipping? or is it the total for everything to your door? or is it the price shipped to the trans shipper? So the trans shipper is charging you $9 per fish shipping to your door? Or are you doing local pickup at his house? Because if your trans shipper is in toronto and you also live in toronto, why don't you just do a pickup at his place.
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #3920 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodMorning View Post
^i dont get what you're trying to say. $410 is just for shipping? or is it the total for everything to your door? or is it the price shipped to the trans shipper? So the trans shipper is charging you $9 per fish shipping to your door? Or are you doing local pickup at his house? Because if your trans shipper is in toronto and you also live in toronto, why don't you just do a pickup at his place.
The transhipper lives in Niagara Falls, which is a couple of hours drive from where I live outside of Toronto. And even if I picked the fish up at his door, he would still be charging the $9 per fish "import fee"....which to me sounds more like a handling fee determined by each individual transhipper. The actual shipping cost (priority mail) was about $55. So I'd save about that much by picking up the fish from him instead of having them shipped from Niagara Falls to me.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this