Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #1 
caissacrowntails

Smile hi everyone

hi everyone, I just joined. Been keeping bettas since my childhood ( probably like 20 years ago LOL ) but never bred until recently ( started about 5 years ago actually ). Most favorite betta type : crowntails ( am indonesian so..what can I say..he he ). Like almost all colors as long as it's "true", true/pure solids..good patterned multicolors.."balanced" marbles etc. Am not "Mr.KnowEverything" but likes to exchange knowledges about keeping bettas, so as long as I know the answer, would be glad if I can help answering your questions :)
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #2 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum

We've got a lot of members interested in breeding so it's nice to have you here.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #3 
Fishy Mom

Hi, welcome. I don't breed bettas, but I like to read all the stuff in the breeding section here & look at the pics people post of their spawns. I look forward to reading your posts.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #4 
waterdog

Welcome to Bettas R Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #5 
caissacrowntails

well...when it comes to breeding..I think what victoria parnell done (bettysplendens.com) is excellent, I do more or less the same things. Too bad she's not active ( at least that's what I know ) in the world of bettas anymore, since she moved to Sweden with her family. Oh by the way, I tried to upload a picture once...but the size allowed is so small ( around 90k for jpg format? ), is there anyway I can post bigger size picture? or should I use 3rd party site like photobucket for example?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #6 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi, welcome to the forum.
Where in Indo are you at?

If you can't resize, it'd be a good idea to use a link.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #7 
caissacrowntails

hi indjo, nice to see my fellow countrymen here LOL. But I know we gotta "stick to english" since it's an "international" site and we also have friends from other countries too here. Am from Padang, West Sumatra. If u're also active on FB, my guess we probably also FB friends, since I have a lot of "betta related" FB friends :)
Old 03-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #8 
caissacrowntails

oh I can resize the pic, but when tried to do it ( using photoshop ) to meet the "quota", the picture appeared so small.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #9 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I usually resize on my comp then up load it . . . .I don't use photobucket. The only buckets I use are fish buckets. LOL.

Yes, we should stick to English. We get lots of benefit here - meeting fellow betta hobbyists from all over the world, namely USA, Practical use of English - good exercise. lol. . . . just to name a few.

Never been to Padang, though I have a few relatives and friends there (Tanah Tinggi - I think). The farthest I've gone is Bengkulu, in search of ginger.

I have FB, but seldom use it. Do you go by the same user name? Yeah, we're probably already friends but don't realize it.

DO you enter shows? I only keep bettas as a hobby. No shows for me. . . . specially now.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #10 
caissacrowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
I usually resize on my comp then up load it . . . .I don't use photobucket. The only buckets I use are fish buckets. LOL.

Yes, we should stick to English. We get lots of benefit here - meeting fellow betta hobbyists from all over the world, namely USA, Practical use of English - good exercise. lol. . . . just to name a few.

Never been to Padang, though I have a few relatives and friends there (Tanah Tinggi - I think). The farthest I've gone is Bengkulu, in search of ginger.

I have FB, but seldom use it. Do you go by the same user name? Yeah, we're probably already friends but don't realize it.

DO you enter shows? I only keep bettas as a hobby. No shows for me. . . . specially now.
No, I don't go by same user name on FB, but same profile pic as my avatar here :), I rarely enter shows/contest. Some of my fishes were (others bought them and had them joined the show). I am not an IBC member, but I somewhat "lean" towards IBC than other standards in our country. Bred HMs, PKs..but now decided to focus in "developing" (especially on "new" colors) our "traditional", the crowntails :)