Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #8731 
White Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKeiva View Post
5 gallon planted. Still waiting on the lovely little betta to arrive.

OMG <3

I'm hiring you to redo all my tanks for me.

it's beautiful! Lucky spoiled fish, lol.
White Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #8732 
JBonez423

Love it!! I definitely want to make mine really pretty and natural looking like this. Once my tank arrives, I'll be taking a PetCo trip to look at some plants!

Btw, anyone know type of scum sucker that does really well with a betta?
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #8733 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBonez423 View Post
Love it!! I definitely want to make mine really pretty and natural looking like this. Once my tank arrives, I'll be taking a PetCo trip to look at some plants!

Btw, anyone know type of scum sucker that does really well with a betta?

Bristlenose or rubberlip plecos stay small and don't bug bettas.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #8734 
JBonez423

Thanks, Hadoken! =] Water changes seem to stress my guys out a bit, so I'm hoping between a scum sucker in each side and a filter plus a turkey baster for uneaten food, I can keep them to a minimum.
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #8735 
JayPe3

I would love to do a planted tank like that.
JayPe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #8736 
kaynmil

That is an awesome planted tank.. I would love to do one too someday. but With a 75 gallon turtle tank and a 10 gallon turtle tank that need to be upgraded to a 150 gallon and a 75 gallon as the turtles grow Im afraid I wont have room for anything else besides the 3 small tanks I have for my bettas and one frog.. 8( I could do some live plants in the small tanks.. but i would love to have three 5 gallon planted tanks someday.. I currently have a 2.5 gallon and two 1 gallon tanks for 2 bettas and a dwarf frog....
kaynmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #8737 
LadyKeiva

Thank you all for the kind words =) Our newly added halfmoon, Jasper, seems to really love it. He's a fan of wiggling through the Wisteria in the back right.

I'm dying to set up another little gem of a 5 gallon. They're so much fun to plant/arrange. And all the maintenance is a complete breeze compared to the 55. The filler water change buckets for the 55 weight half as much as I do >,<.

But I already have a 55 gallon, 10 gallon and this 5 in my bedroom. Running out of outlets >,<.
LadyKeiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #8738 
acadialover

Beautiful tank !! Remember that it important to do partial water changes a couple times a week in the beginning with a NPT. Do you have snails and shrimp in the tank also ? I have followed OFL thread exactly and have had no problems. You don't want gas to build up under the sand. Water is like the air we breath. The filter dos not clean the water if I remember correctly. LEt's se aphoto of your fishy ????
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #8739 
acadialover

I too have run out of outlets ... :(
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #8740 
LadyKeiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover View Post
Beautiful tank !! Remember that it important to do partial water changes a couple times a week in the beginning with a NPT. Do you have snails and shrimp in the tank also ? I have followed OFL thread exactly and have had no problems. You don't want gas to build up under the sand. Water is like the air we breath. The filter dos not clean the water if I remember correctly. LEt's se aphoto of your fishy ????
I'm doing changes every three days or so. =) Not my first planted, this one is so much easier than the 55. My 55 gallon is Heavily planted.. It's like a jungle in there.

And I do have snails and shrimp in this betta tanl. I actually brought over a couple of assassin snails from my 55 to keep the ramshorn and bladder snails at bay >,>. The assassins are always pulling my my dwarf hairgrass in the 55. Little Buggers.

Last edited by LadyKeiva; 03-12-2013 at 02:42 PM.
LadyKeiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank