Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #261 
AyalaCookiejar

So the guy who said he has a 20 gallon long said it used to have salamanders in it so there might still be mud in it... All the more reason to make an NPT, lol.

Also, he used to live here. He was friends with my brother and they graduated together, but he doesn't live in town anymore, but he did say he might be coming up here because his sisters birthday is Monday and his family still lives here.

His 120 gallon tank also has to come down because the manufacturer messed up and one of the glass panels wasn't thick enough and it cracked :( he set it up to cycle it but had to take it down. He also has a 65 gallon in storage he. I don't think I really need it, though :/ but it would be nice :p
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #262 
AyalaCookiejar

So I know I already said this but I am super excited for my live plants and new girls. I need to get the QT tanks set up. I should do that tomorrow since I don't have school or work until Tuesday and my boyfriend has to work tomorrow from 1-7 or something like that. I have all the QT tanks already but holes need drilled in the lids and my current two girls need to be transferred to the new containers since I can't fit 6 critter keepers in there.. And I still can't figure out how to remove the lightbulb from my four gallon so I can change it out, lol.

Also, there is algae growing in Bahari's tank... Probably from all the pellets that he lets fall. The lights on his tank won't support live plants so I might get some shrimpies, lol, and pray he doesn't kill them 0_0. His buoyancy problems aren't so bad, now. I re-added Epsom salt.

DaBaDee seems to be feeling a lot better but still looks a little transparent. I don't think that will go away, honestly.. As long as he's feeling good, I guess.

Girls are still doing fantastic, Lotus jumped again when I was siphoning her tank and scared me half to death, lol. They have consistently been active, spunky, and starving, lol.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #263 
AyalaCookiejar

So I ordered new fluorescent bulbs for my spare lamp and my four gallon tank. The hood on that thing holds a 12 inch bulb and those are hard to find in general, let alone one that's a daylight 6500k bulb... Luckily amazon has everything, lol. I also got an 18 inch bulb for my lamp (the same size as the bulb in my 10 gallon) and I still have those 10 watt CFLs, lol. Hopefully I'll be able to keep them alive since I will obviously have plenty of 6500k daylight bulbs, lol. I also want to set up some nano one gallon planted tanks since I have so many spare ones :)

I'll probably get my plants in the next couple days and I'll get my bulbs next Monday or Tuesday, but I'm going to be QTing my plants first using one of those 10 watt CFLs so it will all work out :) so excited.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #264 
AyalaCookiejar

I'm also happy to say that I fed Bahari two pellets today and he's NOT floating! This is a miracle!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #265 
Syriiven

Yay! =D
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #266 
AyalaCookiejar

I know! I'm so excited! Also, my plants are out for delivery so I will get them today! Yay!!!

On another note, a friend of mine has court this month for divorce and custody of his daughter. Basically, when she was 6 months old, his wife took off with her and he's only seen his daughter one time since then (like 8-9 months?) so I spoke with my teacher who went to law school about how he can increase his chances of getting custody since neither of them can afford an attorney, so I'll probably be busy trying to get him notarized affidavits because I really want him to get custody. He's got a lot of good things going for him (he has a steady job, great with kids, many people who can vouch for that) but since he isn't the mother and hasn't had her in his care for so long... Idk. I really hope I can help him win this custody battle because he honestly deserves it. I am also hoping I can convince him to at least look into getting an attorney because it would help a lot.

Fingers crossed.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #267 
AyalaCookiejar

On a side note, I'm in my graphic design class right now, so here's me.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:51 AM   #268 
AyalaCookiejar

My plants are here! Woo!

I think I've got some corkscrew Val in here (attached to a runner? God, I'm so plant inexperienced, lol). The jungle Val is melting - he said that was normal during shipping and it should grow more leaves. I blame myself if it doesn't since I don't really know anything, lol.

The java fern has some holes in it and the water sprite looks okay, but the anubias and java moss look absolutely amazingly perfect, I'm excited to see what I can do with the java moss, lol. I only found one hitchhiker but he is gone now. They are being QTed in two half gallon canisters so I'll be able to catch more if there are any I missed between now and when I get the ten gallon set up. Also, some mini duckweed hitched a ride, so I guess I can deal with it, especially if it grows well. I can't argue with that, right? Water quality FTW, lol.

On a side note: my brother gave me his mini fridge for my birthday, lol. I currently have a carton of vanilla soy milk and my VitaChem in it - very convenient, considering my tanks are in my room and the only other refrigerators we have are all the way upstairs in the kitchen or there's one mini fridge in the garage ( I'm not sure, but I think that one must freeze in the winter..)
Old 03-10-2013, 03:00 AM   #269 
AyalaCookiejar

Wow. I say "on a side/another note" a lot. I also say "also" a lot. Lol.

Both of my lights got here today (woo!). No other exciting fishy news.

But earlier today it was nice and sunny and relatively warm. Then it rained. Then freezing rain/thunder and lighting which turned to snow, thunder and lightning. I was at a friends and in the matter of one hour I had to leave because snow was starting to accumulate, and by the time I got in my car and drive home there was almost 0 visibility.

Granted, it was only a two block drive, but I couldn't see a thing out my side windows (no windshield wipers) even though my two friends swept all the snow off my car for me like 10 seconds earlier and I could only see 6 feet, give or take, in front of my car. Plus, I couldn't see the road. But it still feels warmer out then usual. 0_o crazy bipolar Nebraska weather!

The snow is coming down fast, too. We were only supposed to get like one inch but I'm almost sure we already have more than that. Aaand to top it all off, the ceiling in my closet is leaking so the floor in my closet and right outside my closet is soaking wet.

I really hope that the power doesn't go out because I really don't want a repeat of last time :/ and I have to go to sleep so I won't even know if it goes out.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #270 
AyalaCookiejar

That was a crazy stupid snow storm we had. My dad had to drive me to work the next morning in his four wheel drive truck, and we were so dead we closed at 3pm. And there was a like 30 car pileup on the interstate about 30 miles from here and the interstate was closed. Then we got stuck on the way home from work because my supervisor gave me a ride, lol. Then today it got warm again and the snow is over halfway melted. Crazy bipolar weather.

Anyways, I switched up my water change schedule again and its working much better. I do my girls on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday like usual but changed Bahari to Thursdays and Sundays and changed DaBaDee and my brothers tank to Saturdays since I have a lot of time on weekends (my boyfriend works nights and I work mornings). So I have Monday, Wednesday, Friday off and Friday is fast days because its the only day during the week that I work (so I have school from 9:30-3:20 and work from 4:00-10:00 making it a pretty long day).

I'm hoping to go to Lincoln tomorrow or Thursday because they have a knock-off Build-a-Bear Workshop and I want my boyfriend to make me a bear lol :)