Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #1 
Indigo Betta

Indigo's Journal

well this Journals not going to be very interesting to other people its mostly so i can keep track of how things are going with him and his condition

he came from a pet shop that had him in a tank with a very powerful filter so when
i put him in his new 6 gallon tank he wasn't used being able to swim without a filter blowing him everywhere and he was a very weak swimmer but he soon picked up he was very happy to have a 6 gallon tank to him self

but sadly i didn't know anything about fish when i got him and i had him in with sharp decor and only changed the water every three weeks and that resulted in him getting fin rot i still feel bad about it it took me two months to treat him his tail looked very different by the end of it

november 25 2012 he got a white spot on his chin that he still has to this day

january 21 2013 he got 2 more spots on his head i posted thread about it and came to the conclusion its lymphocystis or cysts

this month he now has another small one on his head one on his back and one on his side these spot once on him will never leave him:(

anyway i'm going to use this journal to write about his condition
and also water changes and water tests and anything he does worth writing about:)

Last edited by Indigo Betta; 03-11-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #2 
Indigo Betta

indigo today had 5 pellets like he does every day

and i also did a water change like i do every 6 days, he had a tiny bit of damage on his anal fin but nothing major so i used stresscoat instead of tapself today and its all healed up now.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #3 
Indigo Betta

also he swam into his cleaning tub very nicely today, hes a good little fishy:)
Old 03-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #4 
BlueJWebb

My betta has the same symptoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Betta View Post
well this Journals not going to be very interesting to other people its mostly so i can keep track of how things are going with him and his condition

he came from a pet shop that had him in a tank with a very powerful filter so when
i put him in his new 6 gallon tank he wasn't used being able to swim without a filter blowing him everywhere and he was a very weak swimmer but he soon picked up he was very happy to have a 6 gallon tank to him self

but sadly i didn't know anything about fish when i got him and i had him in with sharp decor and only changed the water every three weeks and that resulted in him getting fin rot i still feel bad about it it took me two months to treat him his tail looked very different by the end of it

november 25 2012 he got a white spot on his chin that he still has to this day

january 21 2013 he got 2 more spots on his head i posted thread about it and came to the conclusion its lymphocystis or cysts

this month he now has another small one on his head one on his back and one on his side these spot once on him will never leave him:(

anyway i'm going to use this journal to write about his condition
and also water changes and water tests and anything he does worth writing about:)
I have a blue betta names Frank and what you're describing sounds exactly like what I am experiencing with my betta. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with him and someone suggested it might be lymphocystis.

Does what your betta has look anything like what my betta has (see attached pictures)? I'll be following your blog to get updates on Indigo's progress.
Attached Images

BlueJWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #5 
Indigo Betta

i forgot about this thread, i need to add he has something similar on his dorsal fin now, and he also had one on his eye but it grew out thankfully

its hard to tell from the picture whether your betta has the same but it does look similar, does he have any white on the tips of his fins? because Indigo has white on the tips of all his fins, how long has Frank had these spots?
Frank looks very similar to Indigo it makes me wonder if its something genetic but i really have no idea,

i'm doing salt treatment at the moment but its having no effect,

this is a video of him you can see the spots on him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWvNH...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #6 
Indigo Betta

Unhappy a bad update

indigo has out of nowhere got a new white spot on his tail with a weird stringy bit coming of it
its made his tail bulge inward slightly and i'm taking the salt out tomorrow because it will be in to long if i don't
Old 04-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #7 
Indigo Betta

slightly better update but not much

the white stringy stuff is now gone its just a white spot on his tail now it looks like all the other spots now, maybe they all started of like that,

2 videos coming soon
Old 04-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #8 
Indigo Betta

it did look like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZXPweFWnBU
Old 04-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #9 
Indigo Betta

the odd tail spot now appears to be gone but the tail still has a slight bulge inward and there's a small hole, this is first time i've ever known one of these spots to disappear so maybe it wasn't the same type as the others.

video of when it was a slight spot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zca3V...ature=youtu.be

video of how it is now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4EHF...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Indigo Betta; 04-02-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #10 
Indigo Betta

the bulge is gone now and so is the hole, i've decided that spot he had on his tail was probably just slime coat, i don't think it was the same as the other spots.