Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #21 
Laki

OH so opposite effect- he got a little spooked in his new tank with you but is back to normal!! That's great! He is looking good :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #22 
EmmyFishyPoo

Thank you :D Im such a suker for him I all most feel like im ignoring Lewi... :P Heres a picture of that little dude <3
Name:  20130311_193729.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  30.3 KB
What a grumpy gills :3
EmmyFishyPoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #23 
caissacrowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyFishyPoo View Post
Okay so I held a mirror to him again today. He wiggled a lot more and flare his tail a lot and his gills a little :) so would he be good breeding quality if I ever decided to breed him? Thank you btw :)
I personally like his colors and overall form, so if u decide to breed him and can find a marble or "dragon" HMPK female, I think you can have some nice offsprings :)
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #24 
EmmyFishyPoo

Well I will consider it in the future :) Mom said I need to get a job to afford a breeding tank/supplies and another room to keep the tanks :P Is there a specific age that you should not breed a betta (cause he is too old)?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #25 
MoonShadow

Gosh he is gorgeous!! He would definitely be considered a fancy marble! And watch out, marbling is unpredictable, I bet he's going to turn all sorts of interesting colors! I just love him!!

As for the flaring, some bettas just aren't all that aggressive and never really flare, he also may just need some time to settle into his new home and feel like its his territory and he needs to defend it!

And when it comes to breeding age most breeders won't breed fish that are over a year old. Though some have without any problems.
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #26 
EmmyFishyPoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
Gosh he is gorgeous!! He would definitely be considered a fancy marble! And watch out, marbling is unpredictable, I bet he's going to turn all sorts of interesting colors! I just love him!!

As for the flaring, some bettas just aren't all that aggressive and never really flare, he also may just need some time to settle into his new home and feel like its his territory and he needs to defend it!

And when it comes to breeding age most breeders won't breed fish that are over a year old. Though some have without any problems.
Thank you very very much :) Im wondering how hes gonna change over the next while. I will keep updating on here with pictures if he does change more :)
Old 03-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #27 
caissacrowntails

Quote:
Well I will consider it in the future :) Mom said I need to get a job to afford a breeding tank/supplies and another room to keep the tanks :P Is there a specific age that you should not breed a betta (cause he is too old)?
Well it's kinda hard to tell cos I think it's different for each betta, some are more "productive" than the other, plus we dunno his exact age, but as far as I know PKs are more productive and have longer "breeding age" than CTs or HMs or VTs , since they don't have to carry all those large finnage ( take a look at a very large HM or VT, most can't barely swim "properly" ). What I use to do when deciding whether a male is still "breed-able" or not, is observing his tank for bubble nest and how he moves, if he still produces large bubble nest and still move around with ease ( not "dragging" his tail ), usually he's still up to the task.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #28 
EmmyFishyPoo

Ah I see :) Thank you.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #29 
caissacrowntails

Quote:
Ah I see :) Thank you.
you're welcome, emmy :)
Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #30 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Done worry about ate, worry about energy and health.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote