Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #31 
Xaltd1

All my ghost shrimp did :0(
If I can grow out the (what are they? Red Cherry Shrimp or Cherry Red Shrimp?) to a mature size (around 1"), they SHOULD be OK.
With bettas, nothing is for sure!
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:40 AM   #32 
Bombalurina

My cherry colony (I started out with two males and three females) has managed to survive two male bettas and eight females to become a colony of about 70, spread between two tanks. With plenty of cover, they will be fine, and breed very easily in the right conditions. :) They are also extremely fast - sometimes, it is really hard to follow them when they decide to jump away from an investigating betta. They are on the left of the tank one moment, the next they have apparently teleported to the other side. :)

I'd definitely no-no the neons and/or catfish in anything less than an UNdivided 10 gallon. They need room to zoom! Plus, they like schools. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #33 
JBonez423

Yesss, I feel totally prepared for my Petco trip now. Definitely going for the red cherry shrimp, and nix on the tetras.. very sad, but maybe santa will bring me a bigger tank for Christmas! ^.^ One can hope.
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #34 
Xaltd1

You'll never be disappointed with cherry shrimp! Pop some popcorn & pull a chair up to the aquarium. They are little clowns!!! I love them!!! They go from busily working cleaning a leaf, to racing around like they're on fire, leaving the bewildered betta to wonder what is going on!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #35 
JBonez423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
You'll never be disappointed with cherry shrimp! Pop some popcorn & pull a chair up to the aquarium. They are little clowns!!! I love them!!! They go from busily working cleaning a leaf, to racing around like they're on fire, leaving the bewildered betta to wonder what is going on!
They were all out of shrimp! =[ I couldn't believe it. I ended up with an albino pleco, since it was about the same size as the babies. The guy at the store said it shouldn't bother with the bettas, and they're solitary and just kind of go about their business. I'll go back for the shrimp, that way I can have some on one side of the divider and the pleco on the other lol although if I really like him, I might forgo the shrimp and just get another pleco. We'll see. Probably not because I feel one is enough for my tank load. He's tiny now, thankfully, but I'm not sure how big they get. But I've seen cheap 20 gallons at Walmart, so that will be my next investment. =P

I'm all set up for the new tank and it's not here yet! Gah.. Damn FedEx. It says it's en route to delivery and has been since this morning. They're certainly taking their sweet time lol.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #36 
QuotationRaven

I think I might get like 2 Amano shrimp just to help.
QuotationRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #37 
Stone

I got a stingray suckerfish for my sorority tank, they don't get to big and are pretty cool looking I am going to see how well it does if it does well I might get a few more for my bigger tanks. They get to be about 3 inches
Attached Images

Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #38 
QuotationRaven

sweet how big is your tank?
QuotationRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #39 
JBonez423

That is AWESOME!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #40 
Xaltd1

I adore plecos; the bushynose don't get as big as the regular" pleco, but they do get large. The plecos that stay a reasonable size are $$$$, Which is why I chose the otos & the ocel cats.