Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #751 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyandquigly View Post
he looks very beautiful, good luck! I am planning on buying one soon because I currently have no bettas because my seven year old one died:( Anyways, any tips at all from anyone would be welcome!
wow, 7 year old, that's a long life for a betta.
any tips on betta longevity?
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #752 
JBonez423

I got Floyd 3 weeks ago to the day! To commemorate this occasion, I decided to post a couple pictures. He's definitely looking male to me, and kind of like a crowntail (maybe? hopefully? =P)!

3 Weeks ago:

Name:  539674_511636212220723_1190071331_n.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  38.2 KB

Today:

Name:  DSCN2187.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  51.2 KB

Also, I went back for a third.. had a spare tank. =X I just cannot resist those cute faces...

Name:  DSCN2164.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  54.7 KB
That's a really pretty DT, Meeple! Looks like it's going to have some awesome coloring. =]
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #753 
Fishy Mom

Quote:
he looks very beautiful, good luck! I am planning on buying one soon because I currently have no bettas because my seven year old one died:( Anyways, any tips at all from anyone would be welcome!
If you can keep a betta alive for 7 years I think you can handle a baby, lol. Sheesh, you'll have the baby for 10 years!
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #754 
Fishy Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBonez423 View Post
I got Floyd 3 weeks ago to the day! To commemorate this occasion, I decided to post a couple pictures. He's definitely looking male to me, and kind of like a crowntail (maybe? hopefully? =P)!

3 Weeks ago:

Attachment 79965

Today:

Attachment 79966

Also, I went back for a third.. had a spare tank. =X I just cannot resist those cute faces...

Attachment 79967
That's a really pretty DT, Meeple! Looks like it's going to have some awesome coloring. =]
Some one is in love! They look great. The new little one has a beautiful red color. I'd say post update pics, but I don't think I need to say that to such a proud betta parent. If we start carrying little pics of our babies in our wallets you know we will officially be considered the crazy fish people, lol.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #755 
JBonez423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy Mom View Post
Some one is in love! They look great. The new little one has a beautiful red color. I'd say post update pics, but I don't think I need to say that to such a proud betta parent. If we start carrying little pics of our babies in our wallets you know we will officially be considered the crazy fish people, lol.
Lmao I've been bitten by the betta bug, that's for sure.. it's real bad! I've been looking for a soothing hobby, though, something healthy. Think I definitely found it. Thank you very much! ^.^ I will definitely keep posting! I've been trying to refrain from doing so every day, it's so difficult sometimes lol.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #756 
Fishy Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBonez423 View Post
Lmao I've been bitten by the betta bug, that's for sure.. it's real bad! I've been looking for a soothing hobby, though, something healthy. Think I definitely found it. Thank you very much! ^.^ I will definitely keep posting! I've been trying to refrain from doing so every day, it's so difficult sometimes lol.
Ahh post away. That's what I keep coming back to this thread for. I love seeing them grow up.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #757 
lillyandquigly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfun View Post
wow, 7 year old, that's a long life for a betta.
any tips on betta longevity?
she was like my first betta, I got her when i didn't know how to take care of them. I honestly don't know any tips on them:) I guess she was just one of those bettas that live a long time. I do have one tip though, keep up on water changes, feed a variety of foods, and always keep a sharp eye on them! She would have lived longer I'm sure, but I noticed when I cleaned out her tank after she died that one of the decorations was rusting -.-
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #758 
JBonez423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy Mom View Post
Ahh post away. That's what I keep coming back to this thread for. I love seeing them grow up.
Me too! I'm with everyone in being morally outraged that Petco sells betta babies, but on the same note, it's just so rewarding to be able to give them good housing and care from such a young age.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #759 
Otterfun

Quote:
she was like my first betta, I got her when i didn't know how to take care of them. I honestly don't know any tips on them:) I guess she was just one of those bettas that live a long time. I do have one tip though, keep up on water changes, feed a variety of foods, and always keep a sharp eye on them! She would have lived longer I'm sure, but I noticed when I cleaned out her tank after she died that one of the decorations was rusting -.-
thanks, i like your avatar, very artsy
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #760 
lillyandquigly

thanks:) The betta was my girl Cheng, the old one:D do you have any tips on raising the babies?
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta