Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #1 
monkeylover

help!!!!fish with bubble behind his head

whats wrong with my squishy????what do i do????someone help!!!
monkeylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:00 AM   #2 
Little-Fizz

Can you get a better picture? I can't even see a 'bubble'. Can you post some information? Tank size? Temperature, water parameters. How often do you change the water and how much?
Little-Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #3 
monkeylover

i can try

i can try with a better picture and the temp is about 77 degrees f i believe its a one gallon fish tank i cange it about once every 3 weeks but some of the water is left and i refill it up the rest of the way is that a better pic????
Attached Images

monkeylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #4 
Bethaliz

I"m not sure what the bubble is. but I can tell you that you definately need to change the water more often. A tank that small and amonia will build up fast. It probly should get a 25% water change ever 2 or 3 days.
Bethaliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:57 AM   #5 
Little-Fizz

Are you talking about his stomach being swollen? I can see the obvious bloat if thats what you are talking about.

Has he passed waste? See if you can see him poo, how often do you feed him? I wouldn't feed him for a couple days if I were you. Does he have trouble swimming? When you look at up from above do his scales 'pine cone'?

You should really upgrade the tank for your betta. And I'm really shocked hes alive if you only change the water once every three weeks... I have a 28 gallon tank and I change 25% of the water every week... But the bigger the tank is the more water is there to dilute the waste. Your fish is just sitting in his own poop all day long for three weeks straight. You really need to start doing 50% water changes every 2-3 days if your not going to get a bigger tank.
Little-Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:16 AM   #6 
FlaNatural

help!!!!fish with bubble behind his head

Wow- yeah your fish is bloated. I would try giving him a canned, shelled, pea once a day for three days, then fast him for another 3 days, and repeat if he is not better. He is prolly just constipated. I would also do what little fizz says to do about the water conditions.

When he is done with his constipation, you should only feed him 2-3 pellets twice a day, or equivalent amount of other food. Good luck
FlaNatural is offline   Reply With Quote