Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #1 
Sparta321

Pregnant Molly w/ Betta?

My dalmation molly is pregnant - about a week ago she dropped at least two baby mollies, but they were eaten almost instantly. She wasn't that big when she was pregnant (it must have been her first time), and I thought that I had at least another one to two weeks to go. Anyway, I think she's pregnant again and I want to reduce the chances of the fry being eaten. I do have a breeding trap, but I heard that it really stresses the fish out and can make the mother abort the babies. So I was wondering if I could put her with my betta? He's very, very small(about the length of a female betta, fins and body), and I'm positive that he's too small and slow to eat the fry. I have plenty of hiding spots in his 2.5g tank. I was planning on putting just my pregnant molly in his tank when the time was close, then letting her give birth. Since her and Sparta are the only ones in the tank with the fry, I think that would be safer? Then I would take her out and put her back into her regular tank. I was also planning on raising the baby mollies in Sparta's tank until they were big enough to be placed in a bigger tank WITHIN my regular tank (maybe less than a week).
So, would that be a good idea? It's extremely hard to catch my molly and I don't want to put any more stress on her than needed. My betta is small and very laid back, he's runty and not aggressive at all. What I'm mainly worried about is the compatibility with my molly and betta. Will she nip him? Bother him badly? I don't want to do much trial and error, in case it results in someone getting hurt. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Sparta321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #2 
jamm

Lol for whatever reason I read this as the Mollie was pregnant with the betta.... LOL
jamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #3 
royal

OMG me too and I was like what???
royal is offline   Reply With Quote