Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #16941 
Bombalurina

He was pretty freaked. :p He's used to me snuggling him, feeding him and plastering him in kisses, and next thing he knows he's sailing through the air being held by his neck and his genitals. :p Luckily he forgave me pretty quickly.

Bleh, so tired. Darty kept me up late, then I was woken up at 2am by the wind, then 4am by a sneezing fit that almost closed up my throat, then 7:30am because hey, body clock. No church for me today. On the plus side, I'm having fun making a presentation about fish using some of CopperArabian's and LittleBettaFish's beautiful pictures (with permission, of course).
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #16942 
JBonez423

Lmao i'll bet! sometimes i can only imagine what an animal is thinking when we do things like that... Maybe something like, "ALIENS!!!!!!!!!!!!" ;P Ooh sounds fun! Nothing better than being able to do a presentation about something you're passionate about! I always got full marks on projects like that when I was in school and didn't even need to read my notes. xD
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #16943 
Sparrowhawk

Feeling so drained, emotionally and physically. Had a big wake-up call this morning when I felt like I just couldn't function anymore after looking after everyone but me for so long. Between my partner, my grandmother and the friends I consider close enough to help deal with their problems, I haven't been able to allot any time to keeping myself sane and healthy. It just didn't occur to me during everyone else's drama to keep some time as "me time" so as not to burn out. So now because of that lapse of judgement, I'm of no use to anyone! Blahhh.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #16944 
Bombalurina

Poor Sparrow! Make sure you take a day for yourself - lots of tea and fish. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #16945 
ThePearlFish

My rant- I was nauseous all day from motion sickness between taking the train to the botanical garden and being a passenger in the car yesterday and now this AM, because I didn't eat well, the nausea is back from eating something suddenly on an empty stomach. Maybe I should just take up a liquid diet, cus lately a lot of solid foods are not making my tummy feel all that happy >.>
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #16946 
JBonez423

Here's my rant; AHHHHHHHHHH I BLEEPING HATE ITUNES! IT'S SUCH A BLEEPING PIECE OF BLEEP! WHY THE BLEEP DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO BLEEPING STUPID?!?!? WHY DID STEVE JOBS HAVE TO DIE AND LET THE BLEEP-HOLES RUIN APPLE?!?! WHAT THE BLEEPING BLEEP! ITUNES, JUST DIE!!

Ok, I feel a little better now.
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #16947 
FishyFishy89

how come I always find the greatest songs to sleep to, but they're TOO LOW on my phone!!! I don't sleep still enough for headphones x|
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #16948 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Poor Sparrow! Make sure you take a day for yourself - lots of tea and fish. :)

Yup, "me time" is finally happening in the wake of all that. Planning upgrades and transitioning to NPTs, with comfort food, nom nom nom!

Anti-rant for the day: Finally talked myself into trusting my partner to do a water change (he would love to have our fish as more of an "us" thing, 'cause he loves our boys too) and he did just fine. Of course I was worrying myself needlessly before, but I'm happy that I allowed myself to step back and trust him to do right, which he did. ^.^
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #16949 
LittleBettaFish

Ugh this one magpie has it in for me!

I once got swooped outside of breeding/nesting season by this magpie who had this myna bird buddy. At the time this other person was walking past and the magpie completely ignored him.

Well I am walking up the main road today and this exact same magpie (his miner bird buddy was there) went over my head and sat on the electrical wire. I am a bit paranoid of magpies so I kept my eye on it, and the damn thing then swooped at me. I cringed down (automatic reflex haha) and then because there is no way to get around it, when it swooped at me again I flicked the end of the leash in its face.

It stopped swooping me but then sat in the tree watching me and probably contemplating scalping me.

I felt so embarrassed. All these people driving by while I am fending off this stupid bloody magpie.

I think it is the fact I walk a German Shepherd. The magpies don't seem to like them so when I walk around I usually throw them a couple of pieces of kabana so they realise I am not a threat. It worked last year but this particular magpie just seems to be evil.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #16950 
royal

Lol,I just discovered this thread! Best thread ever Imo. Anyway, to my rant:
Social there is this guy who constantly corrects me, even if I'm trying to help someone,GRR so annoying!!!
And, at school, everyone is dating!! OMG it's grade 7 for pete's sake! And then there's the drama. Seriously this is an average conversation:
1:hey
2: hi
1: so, I hear you're dating soandso.
2: no comment
1: OMG I'm going to tell everyone I know! EVERYONE! Soandso is dating soandso!!!!

Sometimes I hate my class. Okay,mast of the time I strongly dislike most of my class.
Ah,that's better(or should I say betta);)thanks for letting me rant!
royal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou