Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #11 
Indigo Betta

heres indigo i think of him as a rescue because i've seen alot of dead bettas at pets at home who die of exhaustion because the filters are way to strong for them and he could of been one of them if i hadn't bought him so here he is
i don't have before and after pictures i'm afraid

Last edited by Indigo Betta; 03-17-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Indigo Betta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #12 
LebronTheBetta

Do sympathy purchases count? Or is it too "pushy" 'cause I had to pay?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #13 
bniebetta

This is a picture of Smurf :) I only have the before/current picture because I just got him and am still rehabilitating him. I found him on a trip to the store one day, but was hesitant to get him because I have been wanting a marbled Crowntail for a while and want to keep the number if fish I have under control since I live in a small space. The next few trips to the store, and he was still there! I almost couldn't sleep at night thinking about how selfish I was not to get him just because I was looking for a specific color/pattern. I had noticed he had been in his cup for ten days (that I had seen, at least; it could have been longer), and he either had finrot or had chewed a portion of his tail. It was hard to tell, since his fins looked thin and unhealthy and I had a suspicion of finrot to begin with. He was tiny, the smallest one there. I just had to go back and get him, by this point because I genuinely wanted him rather than just feeling sorry for him. I went to the store brought him home to a makeshift tank I set up with everything he would need to be comfortable.

I am happy to say his fin is healing very quickly, he eats very well, and gives me a steady stream of bubble nests :). I have really grown to adore him, he its the softest tempered betta I have ever met.
Attached Images

bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #14 
MoonShadow

Guys I won't run this unless I get at least 5 entrants! I know lots of people on here rescue!!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #15 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Do sympathy purchases count? Or is it too "pushy" 'cause I had to pay?
You'll have one more entry if you answer my question. :P
Old 03-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #16 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
You'll have one more entry if you answer my question. :P
Sorry hun! Missed it! If the fish was in bad shape and you saved it (whether you paid or not) of course I consider that a rescue :)
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #17 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, okay! Once my dad gets off his laptop. I'll add in my entry. Sorry if I was pushy. ^^" Lol
Old 03-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #18 
Indigo Betta

Red face

i don't think my entry really counts because he wasn't really in bad shape when i got him just at risk because pets at home are incompetent at keeping fish
so i'm dropping out, Sorry!!!
Indigo Betta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #19 
Skyewillow

Don Quixote
Before (2/5/13)

Now (3/17/13)

I was cruising through Walmart, looking for decorations for our 30 gal. I always stop to look at the bettas whenever we're in there. I saw 2 white bettas in filthy cups, a female, and this little CT male with what looked like black rocks on the bottom of his cup, the water was a filthy brown.

I spent 2 and a half HOURS standing in the fish section, refusing to leave without this sick male, dirty female, and three others. My fiance was pretty furious with me for being stubborn also.

Eventually, my persistence paid off, and we got to bring the five of them home.

But Don Quixote wasn't out of the woods yet. He wouldn't eat for five days, then had a fuzz infection, and still wasn't eating much of anything, so skittish that if he saw my hands when I would try to feed him, he wouldn't touch anything.

on the 26th of Feb, we brought home another rescue, a female, and placed her hospital tank beside his, my fiance brought him some brine shrimp. Suddenly, he was eating, and flaring, interacting! He turned around overnight, and now he's healthy and hale at last!!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #20 
LebronTheBetta

Betta: Winnie - Female PK

Story - In the early November of the year 2012, I was in Petco searching for females for my sorority while the main tank was still cycling. I was looking through the females and then *boom* I found a pale, small betta; with her fins close to her body. She was in the corner of the cup, not moving. I asked my mom if we can get her, but she said "Why buy a sick fish when you can get a healthy one?". I was sad. The next day, we went back again. My mom had sympathy, and allowed me to get her. We had to buy her because well, my mom would've been embarrassed I suppose. So Winnie is a sympathy.

Before: (11/5/12)

Name:  IMG_0523.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  18.1 KB

After: