Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #11 
ThistleBetta

Yes that is the only ingredient according to the label. I really hope that is true...
ThistleBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #12 
ThistleBetta

Things are already looking better! You saved his life, OFL!

1. He ATE!!!!!!! Not much, but I'm over the moon that he expressed interest. He ate, then spit out his Hikari gold pellets, but ate the freeze dried "betta treats" after I soaked them first. Yay!!!

2. He had a couple of short nosy spells today. While he still floated, or sank, swam sideways or upside down, he DID keep his balance and press his face to the glass to watch me for a minute while I washed dishes tonight. That was a terribly written sentence, so forgive me.

3. He is a little bit more lively, and perhaps best of all, his belly isn't distended anymore!!!! Progress!!!!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help and support. I am so hopeful that my sweet boy will pull through. I love him so much, and I think he loves me back in his own fishy way.

I will post more updates. My friends all think I'm crazy for not flushing him yet, so I am turning to fellow betta lovers who would go through a lot of trouble to get them better - and never give up.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #13 
ThistleBetta

On the mend

Today Thistle is even better! He just ate 4 of his Hikari gold pellets and he is able to swim around like normal. He still floats on his side when he is resting, but he is more lively by far. I CANNOT believe that he pulled through.

Again, thank you so much for your help -especially OFL.

To celebrate, I just ordered him a Fluval Chi 5gal and a SeaClear 20 gal. I am going to cycle the 20 gal tank and see if he will be happy in there with tons of plants and maybe some corys or tetras. If not, he can have the 20gal to himself or the chi, which ever makes him happiest. Yes, I know I am absolutely insane for spending so much $$ on tanks, but I am just so thrilled that he is getting better and I have been bitten by the betta bug for sure!
Old 03-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #14 
Picasso84

How is he doing today? I hope he gets better soon :)
Picasso84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #15 
ThistleBetta

Aww thank you! He is back to normal! To me, that is a miracle!!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #16 
Oldfishlady

Awesome...good to hear he recovered....Good job on your part....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #17 
ThistleBetta

Oh my gosh I feel awful that he ever for sick! I wish I knew exactly why it happened so that I could make sure it never happens again! Sooooo scary!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #18 
Oldfishlady

Sometimes we will never know the "why" in some cases, however, in your case-my best guess of the "why"....Is poor water quality, overfeeding that stressed him and that in turn compromised the immune response-All of which was out of your control due to you being on vacation and relying on a pet sitter to tend to your fish. Don't beat yourself up...stuff happens-Whats important now...he is getting better-Live and learn-move on with more knowledge and power.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #19 
ThistleBetta

I bet that's exactly right. Yes, live and learn. Thanks again for your help and for saving his life! I owe you big time
Old 03-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #20 
LittleBlueFishlets

That's great! Glad to hear he's better now!
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote