Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #1 
LinkLover

What to do...

At my local pet store there are a few sick Bettas in need of some serious love and care, and I MIGHT (not a for sure thing yet) be able to take one home with me tomorrow. I have pretty much everything I would need already, so I'm prepared to take on a new fishy if the fiance gives the "ok". However, there is a dilemma: One of the fish is obviously worse off than the rest, with his anal fin being covered in a white fungus. :( I hate to see him in such bad shape, and know that he could really use some help. But, there is a little blue Veiltail with what I suspect is Ich, who gave me what y'all call "those eyes". I've never had that experience with any of my Bettas (I always chose the sickest ones), and the way he would get all excited when I got close to him was just the cutest thing ever. The other fish was in the back on a higher shelf (they're in a "Betta condo" type setup, not cups) so he couldn't have reacted the same way even if he wanted to since I'm too short to be anywhere near his level. Anyway, as I'm sure you can guess by now my question is:

Which one should I choose if I have the chance?
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #2 
LyraDove

Take home the one that tugs on your heart! <3 GL
LyraDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #3 
Crowntails

^ I agree!
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #4 
shellieca

The one that "talks" to you. I've seen ones that I thought were beautiful or needed my help but have brought home a different home one because he or she "talks" to me.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #5 
LinkLover

Thanks guys. Unfortunately even though I decided on getting the Veiltail, my fiance doesn't want to add any more animals to our zoo right now. Although I understand, it's still a bummer. :/
Old 03-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I got my *rescue* from Petsmart a week ago and they let me have him at no charge. He's doing very well and I'm so glad I got him. It's rewarding to get one that's in bad condition and bring them back to how they should be.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:48 PM   #7 
LinkLover

I totally agree! The few rescues I've taken in and brought back to health really made a huge impact on me. It really makes you feel like you are doing something good.