Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2013, 03:18 AM   #59311 
copperarabian

Welcome back smellsfishie!I've also been gone a lot lol

@Sakura
Hamsters scare me, I've been bitten so many times and it hurts. I feel like I can never trust them XD I much prefer rats myself :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
My knee hurts and I'm crampy and pmsy and everything is bUMming me out
Posted via Mobile Device
Aww that sucks :( When I feel crampy I take two ibuprofen then the cramps are gone for good(I get very mild cramps though). I hope you feel better.

*edit*

I was just looking at my tank and I saw one of my anubias(broad leaf) is getting a flower! I had a flower a long time ago on my oldest anubias, and this new flower is on a newer plant that is growing really well. I'm excited to watch it develop :D

Google pic of what a anubias flower looks like

Last edited by copperarabian; 03-18-2013 at 03:27 AM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:23 AM   #59312 
Tikibirds

Hi Copper

What is this sites obsession with Kannaplex? Yeah, its one of the better meds but it most likely has to be ordered online and why suggest it as the ONLY medicine to use when the fish in need is most likely going to be dead by the time the damn thing arrives? Furan 2, triple sulfa and maracyn2 are much easier to obtain unless your only petshop is petco in which cause you are screwed. </end rant>

Can apple snails be stunted like goldfish? or does the food avalible determine their size? the one I dropped in the 20G is almost riviling the size of the trapdoor adults but the ones in the 6ish gallon are much much smaller

Last edited by Tikibirds; 03-18-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #59313 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Sadly the overuse of kanaplex may make it a useless drug in the future.
Mocha woke me up at 4:30. I would have ignored her but she last time she pooped on my head so I got up this time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #59314 
Silverfang

ewwwwwwww

Pets can be an unholy pain at times
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #59315 
LittleBettaFish

I love having fry and knowing my fish are happy and healthy enough to feel like spawning, but God I forgot how much work they are. Especially since some of them are still too small for anything but BBS and MWs.

It takes me at least an extra hour to do their water changes because I have to trickle in the new water so slowly and then I have to make sure none of my live food cultures crash and that I don't forget to put on my BBS hatchery every night before bed so that they actually have food the next day.

I can't wait until they are big enough to take frozen food and pellets. Also knowing my luck the whole lot of them are going to turn out male and I won't be able to do anything with them.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #59316 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

How hard is it to maintain cultures? I'm picking some up next weekend..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2013, 06:01 AM   #59317 
LittleBettaFish

Not really too hard. The only problem is that I have started harvesting from my grindals and white worms pretty heavily now and I am hoping that I don't use them up faster than they can reproduce.

My MWs only need to have their porridge changed when their current culture starts to smell. My grindals get new water added to their containers every so often and get fed a couple pieces of cat dry daily. My white worms just get misted if they look dry, and fed cat food or fish pellets every few days.

BBS is really the only annoying live food I have to deal with as I have to start a new one every day.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:06 AM   #59318 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I see, that's not too bad. At the auction (maybe try a pet shop in the big city even) I am going to see if I can find Pseudomugil gertrudae, or Pseudomugil furcatus, that's what I want the cultures for, to try and breed them. Do you have any rainbows left LBF?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #59319 
LittleBettaFish

Nah I sold all mine off a while back. I am kicking myself that I sold my honey blue-eyes though. When money and space permits I am going to be setting up a biotope tank for a school of them again. Going to make a 3D background and make it look like a cross-section of a blackwater creek.

Pseudomugil species love live foods like grindals and BBS. However, mine would also scoff down frozen brine shrimp and live blackworms. They are pretty greedy beggars. If I stuck my hand in their tank my delicate blue-eyes would swarm it and start pecking at it. No fear at all for such little fish. They seemed to have a lot more personality than a lot of schooling fish do.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #59320 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I hope I manage to find a species or two then!
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese