Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #1 
JacquelineAmber

Day 3: wait for imports + How many of you have..?

Ever went to walmart and ended up changing there water?
So the two times I've gone by the store this past week my first encounter was when I swung by to look at them like I normally do (being the betta fish enthusiast I am) and saw two bettas in one cup that was halfway full. The girl look like she was dieing from dropsy, either that or she was just floating on her side as a way to show the male betta she was in submission. Anyway, so I found a cup for her and separated them. I don't understand why anyone would do something like that, just incredible. -___-

So I ended up back at a different walmart yesterday with my friends, and went to find betta fish in the most disgusting water I've ever seen. I literately couldn't even see the fish, that's how dirty the water was. I ended up changing all the of the cups and opening a bottle of ointment for them. All my friends think I'm the oddest person ever for caring so much about there water conditions. But I just don't think they understand how much it really does bother me.

Well now to talk about the wait for my imports. Everyday I get twice as eager than the last!(: They've gotten shipped Sunday in Thailand, so it's already been like two-ish days? I still haven't gotten an e-mail back from Linda, but I sent her a second e-mail like an hour ago. I am hoping she'll get back, but if not, I'm sure she'll invoice me when the arrive to her or something?
JacquelineAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #2 
kimt

I've thought about changing the water in the cups but I've never had the guts to actually do it.

How exciting to be getting imports. I used to live in Thailand for 3 years. I wasn't into fish them and I keep thinking about all the pretty fish I could have had.
kimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #3 
motherpeters

You usually need to call Linda. She's hard to get a hold of by email. Her cell is the best to reach her by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineAmber View Post
Ever went to walmart and ended up changing there water?
So the two times I've gone by the store this past week my first encounter was when I swung by to look at them like I normally do (being the betta fish enthusiast I am) and saw two bettas in one cup that was halfway full. The girl look like she was dieing from dropsy, either that or she was just floating on her side as a way to show the male betta she was in submission. Anyway, so I found a cup for her and separated them. I don't understand why anyone would do something like that, just incredible. -___-

So I ended up back at a different walmart yesterday with my friends, and went to find betta fish in the most disgusting water I've ever seen. I literately couldn't even see the fish, that's how dirty the water was. I ended up changing all the of the cups and opening a bottle of ointment for them. All my friends think I'm the oddest person ever for caring so much about there water conditions. But I just don't think they understand how much it really does bother me.

Well now to talk about the wait for my imports. Everyday I get twice as eager than the last!(: They've gotten shipped Sunday in Thailand, so it's already been like two-ish days? I still haven't gotten an e-mail back from Linda, but I sent her a second e-mail like an hour ago. I am hoping she'll get back, but if not, I'm sure she'll invoice me when the arrive to her or something?
motherpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #4 
JacquelineAmber

Yeah that's what I figured about her. I think I'll give her a call tomorrow.(:
Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #5 
JacquelineAmber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimt View Post
I've thought about changing the water in the cups but I've never had the guts to actually do it.

How exciting to be getting imports. I used to live in Thailand for 3 years. I wasn't into fish them and I keep thinking about all the pretty fish I could have had.

Really? oh my goodness that'd bother me so much! haha