phikhanhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #22 
veggiegirl

Thanks!
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #23 
Bombalurina

*seethes massively with jealously*

I nearly squealed out loud at your mice, and I desire to steal your horse.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #24 
veggiegirl

Oh I had 13 mice at one stage but over the years they have died of mostly old age so I only have 3 left now plus Pumpkin my rat.

lol Bluebell (the pony) may look sweet but she is the biggest terror ever!!!!!!!!! She had 9 homes in her first year of life because no one could handle/control her. She was actually sent for slaughter once because she almost killed a 3 year old child by kicking her in the head. She was rescued at the last minute by the guy who transported the horses to the abattoir because she was a showy little thing and he figured he could make some money out of her selling her as a show horse.

When she was a year and a half old she came to me, I rode her for around 10 years but I grew too tall for her and also gave up riding her because she was so dangerous and I valued my life too much to continue taking the risk. Her favourite habit was rearing, she would go up so high she would almost overbalance and fall over backwards on top of you, she also liked to buck and bolt and had a horrible habit of reversing at full speed out in front of oncoming cars and trucks. She's pretty handy with her hooves too (strikes/kicks) and her teeth.

I contacted the stud that she was bred by once and they were surprised that I rode her back then......... they told me they bred their ponied purely for looks and if they "showed off" in the show ring it would catch the judges eye.

Despite all this I love her to bits and although riding her was rather like sitting on a time bomb and waiting for it to go off we did have some good times too. She would always jump anything that I put n front of her no matter how high or wide she would jump it spectacularly.

These days she lives a pampered retired life at the yougish age of 14 years. I miss riding more than anything else in the world but when get a job I am going to buy myself a gorgeous black welsh cob stallion......... my dream horse
Old 03-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #25 
veggiegirl

$75 for the pair and $22 for shipping, definately well worth it as they were packaged so well!