Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #1 
motherpeters

Best Way to Remove Stickers?

I was given several items by a coworker, one of which was a 10g tank that I want to turn into a divided NPT tank for my boy and a new friend. Only issue is that it has definitely not been used in a long time, and there are stickers all over the tank. It looks like someone tried to remove the stickers, but was unsuccessful. Is it safe to use something like goof off if I wash it REALLY well afterwards?

Here are a few pics of the items so you can see what I'm working with.

Last edited by motherpeters; 03-18-2013 at 11:45 AM.
motherpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #2 
AkaRyu

I've heard that coconut oil and baking soda mixed into a paste makes a good "goo gone" alternative. Soaking it in vinegar or rubbing it on will also take off the goo ^^
AkaRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #3 
MikeJones

I have been told to use vinegar water & a razor blade (from like a box cutter) to clean & scrape the old water stains and anything else like stickers. I'm in the process of cleaning up an old tank & it seams to be working well so far.
MikeJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

What has worked for me to remove the gum/glue residue from especially glass...the rind from citrus...Orange works best IME...peel the orange and rub the orange part of the rind on the residue once you have most of the paper off the sticker-a razor blade or water should work for that-

The citrus oil usually will take it off right away...Plus, it smells good, aquatic safe and you can have a snack to boot...lol...

For the mineral stains at the water line and on the filter-use vinegar, razor blade and elbow grease....Rinse well...

Last edited by Oldfishlady; 03-19-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #5 
motherpeters

Thanks everyone! Managed to get them off with elbow grease and water. Scratched the glass a little with my clumsiness, but at least it's not that noticeable.
motherpeters is offline   Reply With Quote