Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #11 
Sea Dragon
Member
 
Sea Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Livermore, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility4fun View Post
Nice set up Sea Dragon! I have three 2.5g tanks that I am filling up with plants. Christmas moss is fun and it grows fast. I got 2 micro swords today and will split them up and add to each tank.
Sweet :D Make sure you post pics when you're done! I've heard good things about christmas moss too and once I get a higher light, I was thinking of adding some microsword or dwarf grass to help fill in the foreground.

I've been wanting to get another betta and 2.5 gallon, but Im going to college in the fall and I promised my babies that they'll be getting an upgrade :U The dilemma.
Sea Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #12 
Agility4fun
Member
 
Agility4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dragon View Post
Sweet :D Make sure you post pics when you're done! I've heard good things about christmas moss too and once I get a higher light, I was thinking of adding some microsword or dwarf grass to help fill in the foreground.

I've been wanting to get another betta and 2.5 gallon, but Im going to college in the fall and I promised my babies that they'll be getting an upgrade :U The dilemma.
This is a week old already and the Christmas moss is already overtaking the tip of the driftwood.

Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #13 
Sea Dragon
Member
 
Sea Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Livermore, California
Wow I love the clean look to it :) I can't wait to add broader leaf plants to my tanks eventually.
Sea Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #14 
ao
TFK Moderator
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
make sure you get the cmas moss with a reputable ID. many mosses are mis-IDed and you may end up with taiwan, peacock or whatever. lol.

that said, most moss looks the same under low light ^_^
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #15 
leahleigh
Member
 
leahleigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Huntersville, NC
Your water is so clear I didn't realize you had water in it until I saw your fish, and even then I was pretty confused, haha!
I'm in love with that drift wood, I really wish I could find a good piece for my 2.5 that I just got, literally set it up today and grabbed some Amazon Sword + Marimo Moss Ball. I have a picked apart Anubias i'm hoping to regrow in there too.

Either way, I love your tanks! What is the plant in the middle in the first picture? I keep seeing it at my Petco but i'm not sure if I want to get it yet, I'm more in favor of broad-leaf plants myself, with the exception of my Pennywort which I love!
leahleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #16 
Sea Dragon
Member
 
Sea Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Livermore, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
make sure you get the cmas moss with a reputable ID. many mosses are mis-IDed and you may end up with taiwan, peacock or whatever. lol.

that said, most moss looks the same under low light ^_^
Well I wouldn't mind some taiwan or christmas moss :D I just have to find some locally since i cant afford online shipping atm.
Sea Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #17 
Sea Dragon
Member
 
Sea Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Livermore, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahleigh View Post
Your water is so clear I didn't realize you had water in it until I saw your fish, and even then I was pretty confused, haha!
I'm in love with that drift wood, I really wish I could find a good piece for my 2.5 that I just got, literally set it up today and grabbed some Amazon Sword + Marimo Moss Ball. I have a picked apart Anubias i'm hoping to regrow in there too.

Either way, I love your tanks! What is the plant in the middle in the first picture? I keep seeing it at my Petco but i'm not sure if I want to get it yet, I'm more in favor of broad-leaf plants myself, with the exception of my Pennywort which I love!
Yeah, I poured in the water super slow and I was lucky to get a good batch of petco sand :D There have been several times when I poured in the water too rapidly, and stirred up the soil -.-

Good luck! Yeah I was lucky with the driftwood. I've been back a couple times and I haven't found anythig else ;(
Sea Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #18 
ao
TFK Moderator
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
trick to pouring water, like during a water change or something.... grab a zip loc bag (the bigger the better, but it should fit in the tank) and float it on top. the pour the water onto the bag. start slow~
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #19 
Agility4fun
Member
 
Agility4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dragon View Post
Well I wouldn't mind some taiwan or christmas moss :D I just have to find some locally since i cant afford online shipping atm.
Come to San Jose, there is a LFS that has a lot of moss.
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:56 AM   #20 
Sea Dragon
Member
 
Sea Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Livermore, California
Hehe I might have to settle with pouring in a dish since I only have those sandwich bags :P

augh, I want to go aquarium shopping in San Jose so bad! I'll have to set aside some splurging funds when I get a job (I say that a lot sadly haha)

I will post an update soon!
Sea Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Planted Betta Tank Photos :) MaisyDawgThirteen Planted Betta Tanks 2 09-30-2012 07:38 PM
Photos of my Sorority (large photos) Arowan Betta Pictures 4 08-16-2011 12:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.