Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #11 
Sea Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility4fun View Post
Nice set up Sea Dragon! I have three 2.5g tanks that I am filling up with plants. Christmas moss is fun and it grows fast. I got 2 micro swords today and will split them up and add to each tank.
Sweet :D Make sure you post pics when you're done! I've heard good things about christmas moss too and once I get a higher light, I was thinking of adding some microsword or dwarf grass to help fill in the foreground.

I've been wanting to get another betta and 2.5 gallon, but Im going to college in the fall and I promised my babies that they'll be getting an upgrade :U The dilemma.
Sea Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #12 
Agility4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dragon View Post
Sweet :D Make sure you post pics when you're done! I've heard good things about christmas moss too and once I get a higher light, I was thinking of adding some microsword or dwarf grass to help fill in the foreground.

I've been wanting to get another betta and 2.5 gallon, but Im going to college in the fall and I promised my babies that they'll be getting an upgrade :U The dilemma.
This is a week old already and the Christmas moss is already overtaking the tip of the driftwood.

Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #13 
Sea Dragon

Wow I love the clean look to it :) I can't wait to add broader leaf plants to my tanks eventually.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #14 
ao
TFK Moderator

make sure you get the cmas moss with a reputable ID. many mosses are mis-IDed and you may end up with taiwan, peacock or whatever. lol.

that said, most moss looks the same under low light ^_^
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #15 
leahleigh

Your water is so clear I didn't realize you had water in it until I saw your fish, and even then I was pretty confused, haha!
I'm in love with that drift wood, I really wish I could find a good piece for my 2.5 that I just got, literally set it up today and grabbed some Amazon Sword + Marimo Moss Ball. I have a picked apart Anubias i'm hoping to regrow in there too.

Either way, I love your tanks! What is the plant in the middle in the first picture? I keep seeing it at my Petco but i'm not sure if I want to get it yet, I'm more in favor of broad-leaf plants myself, with the exception of my Pennywort which I love!
leahleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #16 
Sea Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
make sure you get the cmas moss with a reputable ID. many mosses are mis-IDed and you may end up with taiwan, peacock or whatever. lol.

that said, most moss looks the same under low light ^_^
Well I wouldn't mind some taiwan or christmas moss :D I just have to find some locally since i cant afford online shipping atm.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #17 
Sea Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahleigh View Post
Your water is so clear I didn't realize you had water in it until I saw your fish, and even then I was pretty confused, haha!
I'm in love with that drift wood, I really wish I could find a good piece for my 2.5 that I just got, literally set it up today and grabbed some Amazon Sword + Marimo Moss Ball. I have a picked apart Anubias i'm hoping to regrow in there too.

Either way, I love your tanks! What is the plant in the middle in the first picture? I keep seeing it at my Petco but i'm not sure if I want to get it yet, I'm more in favor of broad-leaf plants myself, with the exception of my Pennywort which I love!
Yeah, I poured in the water super slow and I was lucky to get a good batch of petco sand :D There have been several times when I poured in the water too rapidly, and stirred up the soil -.-

Good luck! Yeah I was lucky with the driftwood. I've been back a couple times and I haven't found anythig else ;(
Old 03-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #18 
ao
TFK Moderator

trick to pouring water, like during a water change or something.... grab a zip loc bag (the bigger the better, but it should fit in the tank) and float it on top. the pour the water onto the bag. start slow~
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #19 
Agility4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dragon View Post
Well I wouldn't mind some taiwan or christmas moss :D I just have to find some locally since i cant afford online shipping atm.
Come to San Jose, there is a LFS that has a lot of moss.
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:56 AM   #20 
Sea Dragon

Hehe I might have to settle with pouring in a dish since I only have those sandwich bags :P

augh, I want to go aquarium shopping in San Jose so bad! I'll have to set aside some splurging funds when I get a job (I say that a lot sadly haha)

I will post an update soon!