Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2013, 03:48 AM   #1 
prosthetik

This is why I don't go into petshops!

I went into one of the local stores today & found 2 of the most gorgeous HM boys I've seen in ages, a beautiful dark royal blue who had white tips along his fins & a stunning orange boy!

& naturally, I fell in love... & can't buy them! I've got 6 still & I've been told no more

It's so hard because I know they will go to a family with kids who wont treat them right, because the stores here sell them with those crappy 1/2 gallon squares.

Why do we do this to ourselves?! Go in & fall in love with all these Bettas we cant take home lol!
prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #2 
Polkadot

I know how you feel.The other day I went to a couple of petstores & saw 3 Bettas I really would have LOVED to buy.A STUNNING looking pink halfmoon male,a beautiful orange veiltail male & the prettiest blue & red female.I would have loved to bring them home but I know I must limit myself to my 3 sweet boys.My Mum keeps telling me to stop looking at the Betta fish when I go to the petstores,lol.
Polkadot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #3 
Artemis

Right with ya on that one.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #4 
Mal72

No idea what you're talking about *twitch twitch* I've only got 15 *twitch twitch* whT is one more? Lol.
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #5 
prosthetik

Well Im giving my boyfriends mum one of my females, because she's house-bound due to her illness so I thought a fish would be a good little hobby for her & I know she will look after it because they've had turtles & Oscars & all sorts of animals.

Im thinking maybe if one of them is still there on the weekend I can convice my mum... :P
prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #6 
Luimeril

:I they don't ALWAYS go to people who don't treat them right...

but i totally get ya. 8I i love going to the pet store, but i always fall for a betta. BUT.... i'm at 14. :I no more.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #7 
kimt

I need to stay out of petco. I always check out the bettas at big box stores and I feel sad for them. But petco gets the most gorgeous fish I've seen in real life and I always fall in love with them. I have an empty 1 gallon tank and I almost bought a baby last time I was there. The only thing that stopped me was they didn't have any heaters for a small tank. The baby would have been a total impulse purchase, I only stopped in there for pellets as they are the only place around that sells the omega one brand.
kimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #8 
LittleBlueFishlets

I want that "beautiful dark royal blue who had white tips along his fins"!!!! That's the fish I've been looking for.

And Australia is a little far away from me. I can't possible justify traveling there to get a fish.... Although, I've always wanted to visit Australia.... Hmmmm.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #9 
Bombalurina

I have recently decided to stop going in to petshops. From now on, I'm going to buy all my supplies and fish online or from the local aquatic club. That way, I can't cause myself any heartbreak...until I end up breaking this promise to myself, which probably won't take long. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #10 
bserrano2

Every Tuesday night when i get out of class it never fails, I go into the petco right by the train station. Not even to buy anything just to go look at the bettas. I currently have 1 and i have to keep telling myself you cant do no more because of lack of space. But every time i go and see the poor conditions some of these betta are in I want to save them and give them a better chance at life. Im also starting to think the guy that works in the fish section is starting to recognize me cause he's stopped asking me if i need any help lol
bserrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote