Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #31 
TeacherTeapot

Oooooh..... I just saw a tank that was scaped using legos. Has anyone done that before? They sell a duplo block set at Walmart that has the window pieces and arches....
TeacherTeapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #32 
Blue Fish

I've used legos, they are fun, but a little sharp. Just make sure that all the openings are big enough for the fishies not to get caught in. And, you can probably dremel off any sharp corners. I haven't tried it, but I don't know why you couldn't?

Also, great floating betta logs are plastic drink tumblers (short, wide plastic drinking cups, not disposable). You can usually get a set of three or four at walmart or a grocery store for a dollar or two. Most of them float, and they come in all sorts of colors. :) I have one in all my tanks and my boys frequently hang out in them. They're wide enough that you don't need to cut the backs off, the bettas just swim in and turn around, swim back out when they're ready. :)

As for the hot glue, I've tried it and tried it and tried it, and, at least for me, the gravel and/or jewels are just too heavy to hang on to the PVC. Aquarium sealant lasts longer, and just makes life easier. :)

I hope that helps!!
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #33 
Jerry Davis

homemade aquarium decorations

I make my own homemade decorations for my guys. check out my website artforaquariums.com.
Attached Images

Jerry Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #34 
jadaBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Davis View Post
Hi, I make my own decorations using certain gemstones and an aquarium safe silicone. Just make sure that the stones give off no metals in the water i.e.. amethyst, and wait at least 24 hours for the silicone to dry. Then soak your decoration in filtered water for a day or so. You can then safely lower into water with fish. I've been doing this for 4 years,and have no problems. I find it to be a great creative outlet for me, and my betas love having places to hide and hang out. Jerry Davis
Can you post pics? I'd love to see what you've come up with. The standard decor can be so boring and unsurprising. Well I posted off your first post so I will go see your website.

Last edited by jadaBlu; 03-19-2013 at 09:52 PM.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #35 
Polkadot

I made homemade leaf hammocks for my little Betta boys by using 2 large leaves (each) from a silk plant,tying them in a knot so they sit on top of each other,trimming them off & attaching them to a suction cup.They really love them & sit on them often.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote