Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #11 
jaysee
Reference Team

Hahahahaha, they don't die if I kill them first! Classic.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #12 
5150wicd4fish

Humm until you can post some pictures of fish, numbers, dimensions of tank, ph, temp ext, it would be hard to tell. sounds like it will take on dramatic change specially if you have mixed mbuna or having SA or NA together, once cichlids start to mature, some spawn as little as 1.5 inches.
The yellow you mention could be yellow lab or aka electric yellow. here is a picture of a tank I had a year ago, the yellow lab in middle is a hybrid, with pale on underside, purchased at LFS, so I know its not pure. Tthe other ones are breeder order more pure. If you have blue with yellow fin (its a p.acei) these cichlids are semi aggressive and u need a ratio of 1m 4/5females. if you do have these the only positive is you have a 75 gal. If I read right you have a goldfish in there?? if you do wow that needs to be rehomed different care requirements, plus massive bioload.
Attached Images

5150wicd4fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #13 
NeptunesMom

515wicd4fish: I don't have a tank set up at all for cichlids right now. That is my boyfriends dads tank. His cichlids keep breeding, and he keeps giving away/selling the babies. I was just debating taking one, but I don't know what they require. He does have at least two goldfish in with his cichlids. There are probably 15ish adult cichlids, 10ish babies (he has a 10 g with the babies he could catch there are probably 30 in there), 2 bala sharks, 1 catfish (maybe two but I know 1 for sure), 1 plecostomus (maybe two, but I know 1 for sure) and a couple other assorted large fish. This is all in a 75 g.

ETA: They look like the yellow fish in the middle there. Particularly, the one on the right.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #14 
syds mom

You are probably going to need a 30 gallon or larger just incase you decided on getting a couple more and in that case 1 male and 2 female would be good. I dont have these but I have Rift lake cichlids. I am using Eco cichlid substrate, crushed coral and limestone, this keeps my ph at 8.2. Synodontis catfish usually are a pretty good tankmate. I use lace rock. Just make sure you put rock down before adding substrate. This way they cant dig under and rocks come tumbling down.
syds mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #15 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by syds mom View Post
You are probably going to need a 30 gallon or larger just incase you decided on getting a couple more and in that case 1 male and 2 female would be good. I dont have these but I have Rift lake cichlids. I am using Eco cichlid substrate, crushed coral and limestone, this keeps my ph at 8.2. Synodontis catfish usually are a pretty good tankmate. I use lace rock. Just make sure you put rock down before adding substrate. This way they cant dig under and rocks come tumbling down.
Thanks. That is what I figured. I really don't have room for a 30 g. I could probably do a 20 g maximum. I hope they find good homes. They are the cutest social little fishies. You put your hand on the glass and they all swim over to it.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote