Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #31 
dramaqueen
Banned

BettaFix worked for me once before but this time I tried Melafix and Pimafix for one of my bettas that has finrot, even though I heard bad things about it. Well, it made my fish sicker. I don't think I'll be trying it again. I even cut down the dose and it still made him worse.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #32 
fly0away0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntbatman View Post
Even with the close-up shots with the magnifying glass, it's hard to see exactly what's wrong. If he's scraping his body against surfaces in the aquarium there's likely some sort of external parasite that's bothering him. There are no signs of ich or velvet though, so it could possibly be gill flukes.
0.o what are gill flukes?!?!?!??? and how do you get rid of them?
fly0away0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:57 PM   #33 
fly0away0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
BettaFix worked for me once before but this time I tried Melafix and Pimafix for one of my bettas that has finrot, even though I heard bad things about it. Well, it made my fish sicker. I don't think I'll be trying it again. I even cut down the dose and it still made him worse.
so fish suffer side-effects to eh? (just like me...)
Old 10-30-2008, 07:58 PM   #34 
fly0away0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisseh View Post
If the betta cure-all was Betta Fix, you are better without it. I am not a fan of Betta Fix and not sure it ever works. I like small frequent water changes for bettas. The salt seems to be working for you, so might as well stick with it.
I've no idea what it was o.O...but I'll be sure not to get that then!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:44 PM   #35 
dramaqueen
Banned

I may try BettaFix again in the future but I didn't like the way Melafix made my fish act. He's doing better tonight and moving around more.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #36 
fly0away0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I may try BettaFix again in the future but I didn't like the way Melafix made my fish act. He's doing better tonight and moving around more.
note to self: avoid melafix
Old 10-31-2008, 08:07 AM   #37 
Chrisseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly0away0 View Post
note to self: avoid melafix
Please do. We got approval to add melafix to our store's system and it killed our balas. I wasn't there, so I have no idea what happened, but it wasn't good.
Chrisseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:09 AM   #38 

I would not use table salt or aquarium salt at each water change. It is best used for temporary treatment. If you add it at each water change the water will eventually become uncomfortable for your fish and could do more harm than good. The salt does not dissipate and the only way to keep water from becoming too high in salt content is through water changes without salt added.
1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:06 AM   #39 
dramaqueen
Banned

My fish are in bowls and I do complete water changes. Would it still be a bad idea to use it every time? I know that you can't use it every time in an aquarium because it builds up.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:13 AM   #40 

I fear I am quite anal about anything in the water that is not needed. Were it me I would not use it if I weren't treating the fish for something that required the use of it.
1077 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bacteria, beta, infection, salt, treatment