Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #16961 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I just found out my mother has an overwhelming amount of debt. She owes an ex-boyfriend over $5,000, her brother $1,000, owes my sister atleast $1,000, is well behind on bills and has had atleast 3 rent check bounce.

She has gone to my sister and is asking to move in with my sister. Says she'll pay rent and make her debt her top priority so she can get an apartment of her own. But my sister has heard the same story from her too many times. Our mother has caused her so much anxiety, she is mentally unhealthy and growing up with her, we became mentally unhealthy. But both of us changed and developed healthy mental habits for the better.

I don't even live in my sister's home and I'm questioning what to do. Pray my mom lives up to her word and deal with the anxiety or not help her? If your mother was like this, could you do it? Acted like it was our fault she had a horrible life, our fault she is overweight, everyone else's fault for everything bad that's ever happened. Could you do that?
That's rough. It's not the child's fault that the parent is messed up. She has to fix herself. Sometimes I think to help someone you have to back off and let them hit bottom. If helping has not worked in the past it will likely not help her now. It is not easy. Me and my husband are doing this with his mom and sister and the fights are endless but at least they are learning how to take care of their self. They were always depending on my husband to help them with bills and fix their cars. Even check their fluid. Personally I think if you cannot do that much you should not be driving. He would not have minded so much if it was not for the fact they are both married. Keep praying and I will keep her in my prayers as well.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #16962 
dramaqueen
Banned

Wow, that's tough, Fishyfishy. On one hand, you don't want to see your mom in trouble financially but on the other hand you can't let her drag you down, too. If everyone keeps bailing her out then she'll never stand on her own two feet. It's called enabling.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #16963 
ThePearlFish

I need a new body. Can't say that one enough. :p
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #16964 
Xaltd1

AQUABID mess!!!!

Is there something wrong w/me? I won & paid for 2 fish on Aquabid. I notified Linda right away. After a week, I asked wtf was going on b/c I hadn't heard anything & had no fish recieved. This is the conversation I've had since. Maybe someone can explain to me what is going on: (The message history is from bottom to top)

YES, I WANT!!!!! I ONLY ORDERED 2 FISH!!!! I'M NOT GOING TO BUY ANY
MORE!!!! I DID NOT BUY ANY MORE!!!! WHY IS THIS SUCH A DIFFICULT
CONCEPT???

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Linda Olson <linda_9555@msn.com> wrote:
> I could send you these fish today if you want . .. Linda
>
>> Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 12:03:59 -0400
>> Subject: Re: When should I get my fish?
>> From: [email]me
>> To: linda_9555@msn.com
>>
>> No; I only ordered 2 fish from the seller below; I don't understand
>> the message he sent us.
>> -Melissa
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Linda Olson <linda_9555@msn.com> wrote:
>> > Does this mean you have more fish coming and you want me to hold these
>> > until
>> > more arrive April 1st?
>> >
>> >> Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 23:50:05 -0400
>> >> Subject: When should I get my fish?
>> >> From: me
>> >> To: linda_9555@msn.com
>> >>
>> >> I got cc'd on this message:
>> >>
>> >> Dear All
>> >> I sent it to Chipping fish from 14 March 2013 to the examination for
>> >> the certificate.
>> >> Prior to flying on 17 March 2013 is expected tomorrow to Chipping fish
>> >> in Thailand
>> >> He is sent to your schedule. Why not send it in advance. The long
>> >> weekend continues.
>> >> Best regards
>> >> Somsak Bunluekaew
>> >>
>> >>My email:
>> >> I have no idea what this means-I'm worried about my fish since we've
>> >> had an unexpected snow.
>> >> What should I do?
>> >>
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #16965 
Hadoken Kitty

The reason it's a difficult concept, is because linda holds fish for people on a regular basis. She held a fish for me for like two weeks, because I ordered another fish from a seller who missed their shipping date.

I'm just going to copy this from my FB since I'm so mad I don't want to retype this:

Can I just take a second to rant about the post office here? THEY SUCK. I called to ask about my package and why it hasn't been delivered yet. I said I got my regular mail, but no package. Then they told me that no, I did not get my mail. I said yes, I did, because I pulled it out myself. Then they said no, I did not get it yet and that was yesterday's mail. I want to punch people. JUST GIVE ME MY FISH OMG.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #16966 
GoodMorning

hadokenkitty :D
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #16967 
Bombalurina

I made the 35 minute trip to uni for my single, one-hour class...to discover it was cancelled. Had to go home again with no learnings. :(
To be fair, I would probably only have been on this site during my lecture, but I would rather have just done that at home without a pointless 70-minute trip beforehand.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #16968 
FishyFishy89

I hate how some of the freecycle groups have you join yahoo groups. Really? is that necessary??
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #16969 
Shirleythebetta

Okay. I finished my AA and am debating on what to do next. I wanted to wait until fall to start my next classes but my advisor says I would be withdrawn as a student after 45 days and it would be okay to start again in the Fall after that. I am a little concerned though about loans. I mean, if I am withdrawn as a student then I will probably be paying on my loans while I am trying to get my BA. I am a little confused.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #16970 
koincidenskis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Okay. I finished my AA and am debating on what to do next. I wanted to wait until fall to start my next classes but my advisor says I would be withdrawn as a student after 45 days and it would be okay to start again in the Fall after that. I am a little concerned though about loans. I mean, if I am withdrawn as a student then I will probably be paying on my loans while I am trying to get my BA. I am a little confused.
From what I understand loans start 6 months after graduation, but when you enroll back into school then they stop until you graduate again. I would call an advisor just to be sure :)
koincidenskis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou