Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #11 
DiiQue

Thanks for all the entries so far! Just some recommendations that will better help me choose a winner. The more details the better. One goal of this exercise, if you may, is that I would not have to think of anything (baby's lack of sleep = my lack of sleep. LOL). Bombalurina's entry is more of what I am looking for, as it gives a lot of details.

To help aid you, just pretend that your entry post here is actually a contest thread of your own that you are starting in the Contest section. =)

Keep them coming guys!
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #12 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

You should do a marble betta / colour Chang betta contest where people take pics of their betta before and then after so you can see how much they change.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #13 
Myates

How about a video submission?

Each contestant will enter a video they have filmed (or had someone help them film) that is of their fish - and tell a story.. such as a movie.

Can edit the video to add in effects, sounds, voices, cut scenes, etc.. but it has to have your fish as the main characters.

You can do an "Avengers" movie with your fish, get them moving around, looking silly, etc.. then can make your own voices or use the track of the movie and make the scenes.

I would say a 3-5 minute video would be good - not too long, nor too short. Can use original ideas or make a spin off of a favorite show/movie.

Imagine a "How I met your Mother" spin off of the fish meeting on the store shelves in cups, etc etc..

Only requirement would be that you have to have your fish in it being the main characters, you can be in it, but as a side kick or other smaller part.

Having editing done doesn't make it better - it's who makes you laugh/cry/smile the most.. so anyone who has access to a camera can do it. If you can't make a video (most digital cameras now have video options), you can make a snap shot video - pictures edited together.. think like a comic book.. with thought bubbles, etc.. but make it flashy enough that it can compete with a video.

Sorry if it's not described well.. I'm just getting over being sick, so my brain isn't functioning properly lol.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #14 
Indigo Betta

Betta Advertising

Photoshop your betta advertising a product. For example you could photoshop your betta holding a packet of betta food then come up with a catchy slogan.

Winner is the one who designs the best advert as decided by the judges.

Suggested categories to judge on:

Eye-catching

Creativity

Witty slogan

Best edited

Here's a very rough example
Attached Images

Last edited by Indigo Betta; 03-14-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I like all the cool ideas.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #16 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Any more ideas? These are all so cool I definitely love some of them, especially Bombalurina's :)
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #17 
JBonez423

The contest would be Best Betta Theme. The idea winner would have a clear cut theme and a tank that clearly shows it.

I don't really know how to describe it, so I'll give an obvious example. An "Under the Sea" theme might have an oceanic background, maybe deep blue wallpaper or prints of dolphins, whales and other colorful fish. It would have beach looking sand and shells, as well as shiny rocks you might find in the ocean. The decorations would resemble something you might find under the ocean, such as a sunken ship or ancient ruins, and seaweed looking plants.

Basically, someone should be able to look at your tank and guess along what lines the theme is. Maybe the entrants would just post tanks and not say what theme it is, and the most clear cut theme would win. Or you could enter theme and tank, and whoever has the most original or the best decorated is the winner.

Last edited by JBonez423; 03-22-2013 at 11:38 AM.
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #18 
jesssan2442

my contest would be called "grumpy betta"

entrants would have to post a picture of a betta that looks abnormally grumpy and caption it with a wierd or funny caption that goes with the picture. the betta does not have to be owned by them but if they find the betta on google then they have to give the owner credit. entrants would be able to enter one male and one female betta.one picture each. the bettas could be of any tail type and coloration just one of each gender maximum. the picture would have to be clear. the prettiness of the betta is not a big thing in this contest but the betta has to be healthy (any illness being treated for are ok). bettas can be SIP or alive it doesn't affect your standing in the contest.

the contest would be judged on originality and funniness. so basically if you had a betta that didn't look grumpy or had a bad caption you would have a lower change of winning than somebody with a hilarious caption and a really grumpy looking betta. (no bad words or crude humor allowed violating this rule will result in disqualication and possibly a referal)

Last edited by jesssan2442; 03-22-2013 at 02:37 PM.
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #19 
bniebetta

HAHAHAHAHA grumpy betta! someone needs to do that even if that one doesnt win the contest :p
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:48 AM   #20 
peachii

The $1.00 and under Tank Celebration

How colorful and happy can you make your tank for your Betta with only decorations that are $1.00 and under?

Think of it as a birthday tank celebration!

-Maximum of $25.00 spent on the decorations. No one item can cost more than 1.00 a piece (before tax).
-Equivilent of US 1.00 per piece for foreign countries.
-Items must be safe for in tank use and a picture provided of your betta fish inside enjoying that tank.
-One entry per person.
-A detailed list of each item used and where you bought it, with the price (before tax) listed.
-Be creative, be original and be fun!

Awesome tanks don't have to cost a lot of money.

Last edited by peachii; 03-23-2013 at 02:50 AM.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote