Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #1 
kjs

betta fish excretions questions

One of my bettas has been sick. I've treating him and he is doing much better, But, since he has been sick he has become very finicky and will not eat his pellets any longer. Mainly, I see that he excretes a long thread with sort of a sack on the end and it stays attached for awhile. I never see the excretions of my other betta - what is this? should I be concerned? This didn't seem to happen before he got sick.
kjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #2 
FlaNatural

Perhaps he has a little trouble passing waste, like a borderline constipation. My advice is to switch to a food that passes a little easier than pellets, or you can try a different brand of pellets, or smaller pellets. Frozen betta foods(thawed to room temp) slide through pretty easy. Try frozen daphnia or bloodworms (bloodworms I recommend just as a treat though).
FlaNatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #3 
Kim

Are they brown or white and stringy? Brown is normal while white and stringy can signify constipation or internal parasites.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #4 
kjs

They are definitely white and stringy. Don't see how he could be constipated since he isn't eating much of anything. He wants to eat, but he ends up eventually spitting it out. Sometimes he even goes for it a second time. I'm going to try the Parasite Clear from Jungle and figure out how to dose for a small container.
kjs is offline   Reply With Quote