Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #2231 
Kiara1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
OMG that cat!!! I love it!!! My ex had that exact same jacket from like....six years ago!!! Holy moly!!! I remember wearing one like that! Haha!
Haha, thanks Hadoken! She'll purr/meow and plop over on her side. She's my silly girl. :P I got this hoodie not too long ago at Walmart. They have the best clothes, IMO. I don't like high prices. I just care about the graphic designs.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #2232 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara1125 View Post
Haha, thanks Hadoken! She'll purr/meow and plop over on her side. She's my silly girl. :P I got this hoodie not too long ago at Walmart. They have the best clothes, IMO. I don't like high prices. I just care about the graphic designs.
I totally get that. I bought my fave swimsuit from Walmart. It wasn't exactly cheap, though. Pretty expensive for Walmart if you ask me!!! ($50.00)
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #2233 
Kiara1125

Quote:
I totally get that. I bought my fave swimsuit from Walmart. It wasn't exactly cheap, though. Pretty expensive for Walmart if you ask me!!! ($50.00)
Yep! I hope it looks good though. :P
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #2234 
Blue Fish

Okay, jumping on the bandwagon here. :)

And here's one of me in normal clothes. ;) Because I don't dress like I'm living in 1910 on an everyday basis. ;)

Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #2235 
ThePearlFish

^^ I'm jealous Blue fish! I'd love to dress in period clothing for an occasion or two (or more! :P) Just a fantasy of mine, to go on my things to do in life list. :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #2236 
Blue Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
^^ I'm jealous Blue fish! I'd love to dress in period clothing for an occasion or two (or more! :P) Just a fantasy of mine, to go on my things to do in life list. :P
It is totally fun, I'll admit it. :) Though the hats can get crazy expensive...but thank Heaven for ebay! ;)

For all formal carriage driving competitions, the rules about dress haven't changed in the last century, so we're all running around out there in long sleeve wool jackets, crazy hats, and ankle-length skirts or driving aprons. ;) Even in august...which gets a little hot! ;)
Old 03-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #2237 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyFishyPoo View Post
Heres me! Tehe! Yes, I am young
Day to day:
Attachment 82410
Fancy wedding:
Attachment 82418
Me and my horse, Whisper
Attachment 82426
I love your hair.
And your superrrrrrr pretty!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #2238 
Artemis

What's with the horses!!! I love em and would love to have them but you have bettas: carnivore, live in 1 gal min, 6 pellets a day, 2 inches, less then 2 oz, coldblooded, fish
horses: herbivores, need 1 acre min, 6 pounds of hay or so a day, 6 ft tall, often more then 1000 lbs, warmblooded, mammal, can be ridden, used for work

No real connection here!

I find it funny
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #2239 
Blue Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
What's with the horses!!! I love em and would love to have them but you have bettas: carnivore, live in 1 gal min, 6 pellets a day, 2 inches, less then 2 oz, coldblooded, fish
horses: herbivores, need 1 acre min, 6 pounds of hay or so a day, 6 ft tall, often more then 1000 lbs, warmblooded, mammal, can be ridden, used for work

No real connection here!

I find it funny
LOL! I was shocked to see all the horses as well. :) I just chucked it up to that instinctual need for caregiving...there are a lot of females on here as well I've noticed. :)

I've had dogs my entire life, the horses have been for almost 20 years...and I actually got into bettas in the 90's when they first started being carried at places like walmart and the small pet store chains. I felt terrible for them in those tiny little cups...and that need to rescue and provide care kicked in. ;) At that point I was a teenager, and I had bettas for a few years, then the craze ended and the tiny cups started to get less frequent, and I stopped keeping fish as I was busy with college and working and all the rest.

Then a year ago I was in my local petco and there was this ONE betta...he was blue with white tips on his fins...he was BIG, and his fins were so full (before I'd only ever seen VT's and Buckley is a delta)...and I NEEDED HIM. ;) LOL... So...it started again. Now I'm up to 14, and Buckley is happy and healthy in his divided 20 gallon living with Copper. :)

So now I'm in my 30's with two dogs, a horse, and fourteen fish. ;) I figure that since I have zero interest in getting married and really don't want any kids (I love kids, they're awesome little people, but I do enjoy giving them back when I'm finished with them ;) ), so I figure it's a way for me to dispose of all that misguided maternal instinct crap into pets. ;) See, it's not an obsession, it's instinct and hormones! Yeah...that's right... ;)
Old 04-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #2240 
GoodMorning

Quote:
I totally get that. I bought my fave swimsuit from Walmart.
pics of said swimsuit.
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote