Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2008, 09:45 AM   #1 
janel

old/sick beta

hello I don' t know what to do about my beta. We have had him 3.5 years and he was full grown when we got him so I don't know how old he is. I am sure that his problems are due to age but I don't know what I should do for him. I don't want him to suffer. He floats on his side at the top sometimes and does not move even if I move him- I tought he was dead but eventually he started swimming again. Now he is spending all day floating vertically with his mouth out of the water. His fins have a small amount of silver on them and his body is getting lighter in color.
janel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:48 AM   #2 
Flashygrrl

Sounds like he's very old. For a petstore betta he's ancient since those are usually a year old already when they hit the shelves. Maybe lower the water a bit if you can to maybe make him more comfortable about leaving the surface and keep him warm.
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with Flashygrrl. Just make him as comfortable as you can.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote