Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #59601 
copperarabian

Hey guys, I have some exciting news! Yesterday I adopted a African gray named Kenji. He is 20 years old and in perfect feather. So far he seems to be adjusting ok. I got to visit with him first and see how he reacted with me, then later they emailed me saying they picked me to be his new caretaker. I'm excited about working with him and getting to know him, and also that Rosie will have company when I'm out and about now.

Because I am adopting him I can no longer keep my big aquarium, I've adopting out most of my fish except my bristle nose, two spot, and paradise fish, and snail that I can't bear to part with yet. After draining my aquarium and measuring it out I found it is actually 38g, not 48g lol.

If anyone one would like to pick it up I am charging $50 with only the power filter and heater for anyone on this forum, and $140 if you would also like the fluval 305 filter. The aquarium would come with one awesome piece of driftwood, one java fern, and the aquarium is filled with plant gravel that my anubias loved.

Here is a photo showing the drift wood. Since taking this I added more plant gravel

I'm also posting in the classifieds section.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #59602 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad Kenning has a good home now but sad that you have to give up your aquarium.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #59603 
blu the betta

did you know the african gray parrots are the worlds most intelligent bird. they are equivalent to a three yr old.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #59604 
dramaqueen
Banned

A neighbor of mine just lost her African grey about a month ago. She was heartbroken.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #59605 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I may pick up some wild bettas at the auction tomorrow. ^-^
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #59606 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I love your new bird Copper, he's gorgeous!

Sakura, what do you feed your hamster? I am feeding oxbow right now... I need to get some hazel hamster to supplement it though. It's annoying having dwarves at times with their special dietary needs and whatnot.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #59607 
djembekah

Maisy i think your fishy is fine. my fish get the occasional tears and holes in their fins. just keep an eye on her :)
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #59608 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
Maisy i think your fishy is fine. my fish get the occasional tears and holes in their fins. just keep an eye on her :)
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! It I see any more tears ill put some aquarium salt in there.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #59609 
copperarabian

@dramaqueen
I'm sorry your neighbor lost their bird, it's so sad when that happens.
I'm not too heart broken about my aquarium, I love it but I'll still have my 10g. I'm thinking that I'll adopt out all but my gourami and snail. My gourami means a lot to me, I've had him for 3+ years. And My little 10g is pretty awesome now with the drift wood and anubias. And I'm hoping my baby crypts take root.

@blue the betta
I did know, and there are actually studies that show they are even smarter. African grays can understand ideas that even a 3 year old doesn't get yet.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #59610 
Laki

Wow copper, I am in love with him! May you spend many years together. <3

It's too bad you're in Cali! If I had the space I would SO take you up on your tank offer- I hope someone takes you up on your offer soon!

So I cannot find the 2 RCS in the betta tank. what's the chances Bowser ate them both? I mean, he's a small easy-bloat fellow I would have noticed something off about him if he managed to eat 2 large RCS. I picked around in the gravel and I stil cannot find them. I'm confused- there's only 2.5 gallons to hide in and there's NO chance they jumped out of the tank with my new filter baffle.
And there's no pieces/ legs etc laying around. There's only an empty carapace where one shed.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese