Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #59611 
Silverfang

plenty easy to hide!

I got a trio of amano. One with my unnamed boy, two with Shelly. The are big ones. He picked out big ones specifically for me. Shelly is super aggressive, but so far he hasn't noticed, or at least, I don't think he has. Don't think my other boy noticed either. I saw one in Shellys tank just going to town on some hair algae.

Also a feather fin BN. IT went right for the back of my heater. Wait til I put in the blanched zucchini. It'll go nuts!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #59612 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Wow copper, I am in love with him! May you spend many years together. <3

It's too bad you're in Cali! If I had the space I would SO take you up on your tank offer- I hope someone takes you up on your offer soon!

So I cannot find the 2 RCS in the betta tank. what's the chances Bowser ate them both? I mean, he's a small easy-bloat fellow I would have noticed something off about him if he managed to eat 2 large RCS. I picked around in the gravel and I stil cannot find them. I'm confused- there's only 2.5 gallons to hide in and there's NO chance they jumped out of the tank with my new filter baffle.
And there's no pieces/ legs etc laying around. There's only an empty carapace where one shed.
Thankyou :D He's only two years younger than me, and they can live 50-60+ years so I expect will have many years together :)

What are RCS?
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #59613 
MaisyDawgThirteen

red cherry shrimp.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #59614 
Laki

Silver, did you get the amano at Aquarium 101? The new place? Or Paul?

Yea, I don't know. I know after RCS molt they go into super hiding but it must be the best place ever bc I cannot find it! There's no way Bowser could have eaten two and not leave an antennae or leg around. I don't think they're dead but they vanished!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #59615 
Hadoken Kitty

OMG I just heard my girls crunching their pellets....sounds like grinding bones! All of them crunching at once...sent a shiver up my spine!
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #59616 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisyDawgThirteen View Post
red cherry shrimp.
Cool thanks! Now that you pointed it out it makes complete since LOL

@Hadoken Kitty
Isn't it awesome, I think it's so cool :D
Old 03-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #59617 
Hadoken Kitty

It is! But all eight of them...at once....haha

Am I the only one who keeps breaking their glass thermometers? They made strip thermometers for people like me, I know it.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #59618 
Laki

So Bowser found one RCS for me. It's so fast!! I'm not worried anymore about them. I know one is alive and well. And because of the black substrate the red is just pop POP!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #59619 
Sakura8

If anyone knows a lot about birds, it's Copper. She is like the bird whisperer. :) I'm so happy for you and Kenji. He's a handsome fellow and what a color contrast to Rosie.

MAISY! Hiyas! Yesterday was crazy, sorry if I didn't get a chance to answer your post. Hehe, me and my crazy hamster are doing fine. We totally blocked up the hole in the bathroom but she always goes straight to it and chews in that corner anyway. What a pill.

I feed my hamster . . . uhm . . . let's see, I got it at a local pet store . . . Kaylor of Colorado Hamster And More. I'll take a pic of the mix later. It's all seeds and stuff though, no pellets. Oxbow is a really good brand though. That's what I feed my rats.

Oly, I want wild bettas and kilis! I wonder if I still have time to catch a flight to Ontario . . . Oh shoot. If I bought anything I'd never get it back over the border.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #59620 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
If anyone knows a lot about birds, it's Copper. She is like the bird whisperer. :) I'm so happy for you and Kenji. He's a handsome fellow and what a color contrast to Rosie.

MAISY! Hiyas! Yesterday was crazy, sorry if I didn't get a chance to answer your post. Hehe, me and my crazy hamster are doing fine. We totally blocked up the hole in the bathroom but she always goes straight to it and chews in that corner anyway. What a pill.

I feed my hamster . . . uhm . . . let's see, I got it at a local pet store . . . Kaylor of Colorado Hamster And More. I'll take a pic of the mix later. It's all seeds and stuff though, no pellets. Oxbow is a really good brand though. That's what I feed my rats.

Oly, I want wild bettas and kilis! I wonder if I still have time to catch a flight to Ontario . . . Oh shoot. If I bought anything I'd never get it back over the border.
aww thankyou! I was proud that Kenji's parronts were impressed with me. They said they picked me because I wasn't going to turn Kenji into the bird I wanted, but rather the bird he could become. And that I have a deep respect for them and treat them as a companion rather than a pet and they could plainly see my passion for birds.
It is quite the contrast, you wouldn't believe that like 60% of the people who see Rosie ask if she's a African gray LOL

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese