DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT
1. Do ghost shrimp eat diatoms? I found some darkish mass in her digestive tract and that's either my driftwood, diatoms, or my still dying bacopa.
Mine go absolutely INSANE for betta pellets
2. If so, can I rely on them to get their plant nutrition from the dead leaves/algae in my tank or should I supplement with wafers/fresh veggies for maximum shrimp happiness? Which veggies would you recommend? (I already supplement her with my omega pellets for animal protein)
I try to supplement with some bits and pieces of Hikari Bottom Feeder Wafers and they like it some but they prefer the pellets. My juvi eats only algae though.
3. Do they eat detritus worms?
No, they don't mess with live food very much
4. What about baby pond snails/snail eggs?
No. Eggs is possible but not likely
5. The girl I got has been clinging to her eggs for four days now. Is she going to eat those eventually?
No. They hold eggs for around 3-4 weeks. If they are green, she has a while to go. Once they become clear with little black dots (eyes) they have about 5 days left until they hatch.
6. I want to get two more shrimpies. Is there a recommended gender ratio like guppies? Not that I want to breed them or anything, I just don't want two males hounding down my female constantly.
No. They are fine with a mix. The females collect eggs and will only release and then grab onto them if they are ready. No need to worry or strain yourself with trying to sex them