Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #21 
DiiQue

Wonderful ideas everyone! I'd reply more but just want to read and not comment until judging time. =) I have seen a few prospective favorites already!
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #22 
motherpeters

The Recycled Tank Contest

Purchase and furnish a tank completely from used materials (ie. thrift store finds, hand me down tanks, etc.). The winner would need to provide pictures of the items before and after to show how much each item changed before it was placed into the tank.
motherpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #23 
Bombalurina

I love that idea, Peachii! There's just one problem - here in Australia, our dollar is nearly on parity with the USA dollar, but because we get higher wages, everything is more expensive - e.g. a standard 5 gal new is about $90. So, even though our we'd get to spend maybe $1.10, we wouldn't be able to buy anything. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #24 
Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
I love that idea, Peachii! There's just one problem - here in Australia, our dollar is nearly on parity with the USA dollar, but because we get higher wages, everything is more expensive - e.g. a standard 5 gal new is about $90. So, even though our we'd get to spend maybe $1.10, we wouldn't be able to buy anything. :p
Ouch we can get a 5 gal starter tank with led lights and filter for $27.00
Stone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #25 
peachii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post

OK, if that would be an issue for other countries - I can Understand that. So would need to check that and see what the equivalent to other countries 1.00 stores/discount items sell things for. USA we would have no problem finding knick knacks to use for 1.00, maybe foreign countries need to be 2.00?

---------------

- Added this idea in case the 1.00 idea needed to be disqualified for fairness for other countries :) I didn't think of that when i had the idea for that contest. Or the 2 can even be added together to make one contest to decorate the tanks ( I can't edit the original post, it's been to long)

Also had the idea of Create the Ornaments for your tanks yourself. A few bottles of Aquarium Safe Glue and you can create lots of neat and awesome things to decorate your tanks, without even spending more than the cost of the glue. :)

Contest Proposal-

Create from scratch your own tank decorations.

Utilize any items you find/purchase but have to create the actual design of the item yourself using whatever aquarium safe glue/epoxy/etc that you have or purchase.

1 entry per person. Can make one or more decorations and they need to be pictured in the completed tank with your betta in the tank with it. (the betta is not the focal point of the picture just to show you did indeed use Aquarium safe glue and items, as none of us would risk our bettas to unsafe items or glue :))

List what you used and the type of glue/etc you used to hold the items together and what you think of it as far as how it worked, how well it held the items together and if you would use it again for craft ideas for your aquarium.

Last edited by peachii; 03-24-2013 at 12:58 PM.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #26 
DiiQue

Bump! 12 more days to go until contest closes so there's still time to come up with an original contest!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #27 
Jcube

The contest idea

How about making a birthday photo-card for your daughter?
Each contestant take a picture of their current tank with betta fish in it and make it as a birthday card using Photoshop. The card with great birthday wishes for your daughter would be plus.
And the winner would be chosen by vote (50% vote from your daughter- which card your daughter react the most and like it best and other 50% from judges)

What do you guys think?
Jcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #28 
Jcube

Example

Ex)
Attached Images

Jcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #29 
DiiQue

Shameless bump!

Only 5 more days to go until contest ends!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #30 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Here is an example of mine :)
My idea was doing a contest for marble and colour changing bettas. People will post before and after pics of there bettas.
Attached Images

BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote