Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #21 
Laki

It's actually extremely easy to sex them. Females are larger and have an extended "cage" for keeping the eggs. Also, she can be spotted by her "saddle" which are fertilized eggs but like, microscopic. Males are smaller and have a sleeker appearance around the belly bc they don't have the "cage"
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #22 
NeptunesMom

I found one, and (in a Dr. Frankenstein voice) it's ALIVE!! . I am going to pick up some anacharis. It does such a good job of "cleaning" water.

Are RCS more hardy? I am not going to lie to myself. I know my snail tank is not going to be the cleanest of my tanks. It's not going to be gross (it gets twice weekly water changes, at about 20-50% depending on how it looks), but I don't have time to keep it perfect for a something sensitive. Now, that I know at least one is alive I will try my best to keep it habitable for them.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #23 
Laki

Yes, they're more hardy but are still susceptible to crappy water. I wouldn't add shrimp to a snail tank just to be safe.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote