Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #1 
knboats

Very Sick Betta

I have a 3 year old male betta and something is seriously wrong. He is just lying on his side on the bottom of the aquarium, hasn't eaten in 10 days now. I have even dropped a 7 day feeder at the bottom for him in hopes that he would eat that and he hasn't. He has not spots on the outside of his body but towards the back of his body there is a lump that won't allow it to lie flat. I can walk up to the tank and he will respond to me by breathing but no other movement. I have talked to pet stores and they tell me it is just his time. This has been going on for several days and it is very very sad to watch. I will not give up on him in hopes that he just recovers. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
knboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:19 AM   #2 
radiobath

Help us narrow it down by describing his tank. How big is it? When did you last change the water? Temperature? Filter/heater? pH balance? Any live plants or food?

The lying on his side on the bottom suggests a swim bladder issue. The lump may be from overfeeding. There is always the chance that it's fish TB, too. :(
radiobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #3 
SolaceTiger

I would also imagine that if he's been living for 3 years, that he's been well taken care of. 3years is old for a beta if I'm not mistaken.. but yea give an answer to radios question and that should give us more of an idea what might be wrong.
SolaceTiger is offline   Reply With Quote