Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #11 
Nothingness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Hmm, my tank was not cycled when I added plants. They all generally went through a phase of dying/melting and then regrowth. Like a phoenix.
melting plants I believe has nithing to do with a non cycled tank and more with the plant afjusting to the new water parameters like ph
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:49 AM   #12 
Stone

I agree you are way over doing the fert, all I do is leafzone once a week and some co2 boost maybe 2-3 times a week, I would either stick with just the root tabs and stop the liquid or remove the tabs and use the liquid as instructed, sometime too much of a good thing is not good, life is all about moderation
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:16 AM   #13 
TeteRouge

I agree with stopping the ferts. Your ecocomplete should be enough right now. Cycled or not shouldn't have any effect on your plants, I use them when cycling a tank to use up some of the ammonia/nitrites. I just planted my 3x divided 10 in FloraMax and have used no ferts. Its growing very nicely. Sometimes doing nothing is the hardest part... Good Luck!
TeteRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #14 
Friendlyfishies

Ok, so I took out 90% of my water and replaced it with fresh water, pulled them out of the substrate and pulled off all the melted pieces, tied them together in a group and let them float. Lets hope the rest of the healthy pieces grow some roots while floating.

Last edited by Friendlyfishies; 03-23-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #15 
ao
TFK Moderator

oooh dont tie them XD they might not like it !
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #16 
Friendlyfishies

lol ...theres way too many stems to free float they block my lights for my planted tanks so I have to tie them together in order to free float without them blocking it...poor little things! :(

Last edited by Friendlyfishies; 03-23-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #17 
Friendlyfishies

hmm, still no luck, they looked great yesterday after I pulled off the dead leaves but today theres more :( ...Oh well...at least the mint charlies are doing great! so far lol.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #18 
tekkguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeteRouge View Post
I agree with stopping the ferts. Your ecocomplete should be enough right now. Cycled or not shouldn't have any effect on your plants, I use them when cycling a tank to use up some of the ammonia/nitrites. I just planted my 3x divided 10 in FloraMax and have used no ferts. Its growing very nicely. Sometimes doing nothing is the hardest part... Good Luck!
Eco complete contains no fertilizers of any kind on its own. The substrate will hold onto fertilizers and nutrients very well, but it is not pre-fertilized.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #19 
Friendlyfishies

now im a bit confused...should I dose my flourish excell or not? I did a 90% water change yesterday so I could most of my over dosed fertz out...now do I add flourish or not? And if yes, how often, once weekly instead of the 2-3 times weekly I was dosing?
Old 03-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #20 
Nothingness

try no ferts for a while. let the tank establish then reconsider ferts. I use no ferts foe a 55g med light tank with great results and growth
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote