Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #11 
farmgirl598

Quote:
NORTH CAROLINA....b) A person who owns, possesses, or trains an animal, other than a cock or a dog,
So cock fights and dog fights are OK? I'm ashamed of this state most of the time now. how BACKWARD!!!!
farmgirl598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #12 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmgirl598 View Post
So cock fights and dog fights are OK? I'm ashamed of this state most of the time now. how BACKWARD!!!!
Fairly sure that cock and dog fighting is a felony in all 50 states. They're just clairifying that there is a punishment for animal fighting, even if it isn't the conventional dog or chicken.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #13 
Blue Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
Fairly sure that cock and dog fighting is a felony in all 50 states. They're just clairifying that there is a punishment for animal fighting, even if it isn't the conventional dog or chicken.
I believe you are right about it being a federal (nationwide) law. I live in Tennessee, and I know it's illegal here. At the farm where I kept my horse there was a neighbor up the road who kept fighting chickens...When the law came down that it was illegal to keep them, there was a terrible massacre on his front lawn. :( It was awful...such a horrible man. :(
That was several years ago now.
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #14 
farmgirl598

GOOD! I'm glad I was wrong then. NC DOES have some antiquated laws. I figured this was another. LOL
farmgirl598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #15 
blu the betta

what do you mean by massacre? just curious.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #16 
percyfyshshelley

Disgusting. I work with a pit bull rescue group so don't even get me started on that..... Argh. I'm so mad right now. I hate people sometimes.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #17 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmgirl598 View Post
NO. Cock and Dog fighting have their own statues and laws, stating they are felonies.

This is a separate law, which supplements the federal law, by outlining additional penalties.

In other words, SC and NC go beyond federal guidelines, and beyond the guidelines that many other states have!

(I admit, I was pleasantly surprised!)
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #18 
Seaman2012

It just makes me mad they thought they were so cool. Like don't they have a life on a Saturday? Maybe go to a party or play a sport or something. They are that lame and bored to fight innocent animals. I think I will go in tomorrow and tell the manager about it. Maybe they have cameras and can find the guys. I would definitely know how to pick them out of a crowd.
Seaman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #19 
LittleBlueFishlets

Seaman2012 - Does your state have laws prohibiting animal (including fish) fighting? If so, you can print out the law, and bring it to the store. That should help the manager have a reason to ban these people from coming back, or even better, it could give him/her a reason to call the police, if they show up again.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #20 
Seaman2012

Unfortunately no..my state only really bans the cruelty of dogs, horses, and other farm animals..oh and carrier pigeons. Mainly on dog fighting though. Nothing on fish :(
Seaman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote