Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #181 
carbonxxkidd

I've noticed my melini corys do that to my plants too, stopping occasionally to rest on the leaves. I think they're probably trying to find food, not sure if their mouths are capable of actually eating algae. I do see them eating decaying plant matter though!

As for bloodworms...I have my corys in a 29g tank and I usually give them a whole cube, sometimes two. I have 6 corys and 10 female bettas to feed though...
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #182 
Nicci Lu

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
I think they're probably trying to find food, not sure if their mouths are capable of actually eating algae.
That's what I figured, but they put so much energy into it! I've even seen them go upside down on the underside of leaves. I think they've been watching my otos- the Baldwins (my corys) figure, hey, if the otos can find food that that way, maybe we can too!

Sounds like I should start giving them more bloodworms, then.
Nicci Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #183 
sarap

I love my cories, they're my babies! Right now I have 3 different groups of 6 c.panda, 6. atropersonatus and 7 sp.black.
Attached Images

sarap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #184 
Crowntails

I really want Venezuelan Black Cories, but they are $25 a piece! Beauties tho. Love my Pygmies so much, they have such characters. Sorry Peppered Cories, but the lil Pygmies stole my heart :)
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #185 
Wutwut

Wutwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #186 
Memphis

Just curious; what is the max size for Panda Cories? It's been couple months, and it doesn't seem Po is growing at all compare to my Juli Cories who are tiny bit over 1 inches now.
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #187 
logisticsguy

Yeah Pandas dont grow much it seems Ive had mine 10 months and not much bigger than when I got them. I love how they go up and down in formation along the glass as soon as the lights go off. A great sorority tankmate for betta.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #188 
Wutwut

Just bought all(3) the Hasbrosus Cory my LFS had and waiting for them to get more.

Wutwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #189 
MyRainbowBettaFish

HEY GUYS!!

Im back! Turns out the one that i lost (4 weeks ago) was just weak to start with. my other cories are showing NO signs of diseases, my betta gets along with them fine, and they have grown SO MUCH! They are so adorable and love their alage wafers and shrimp pellets! Since i LOVE the Vampire diaries (LOL) their names (as of now) are Damon and Stefan but their nicknames are Gordo and Moby LOL LOL

two questions:

1)I AM getting a new filter soon, as my old top fin is finally going out. I was thinking an AquaClear? I heard they were good?.....

2) how can i reduce all this alage in my tank? I do have my tank by a window(stupid beginner mistake .-. ) but the curtain is always closed, but it just flourishes so fast! My cories eat the hairy alage, but there is SO MUCH. Ammonia is 0 and my ph is stable and constant.

EDIT: I forgot to say that Casper has completely marbled and is now black, and Honeycomb is turning Black/blue! He still is yellow mostly, though! :D
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #190 
MyRainbowBettaFish

ok went to petsmart today and bought the FLUVAL C2 POWER FILTER, and man, i was looking at that box and drooling. It has 5 stage filtration, and is like an engineering overload LOL. But it is so simple, and it looks like it is going to do a great job!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote