Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2013, 02:36 AM   #1 
Stone

NPT Sorority tank progress

Here is our 29 gal sorority tank with all the plants and fish it is going to house, I hope lol. I need to take a pic or 2 during feeding time it is so hard to get a pic with all of the girls showing at once. We might add a few more temple plants because they are really good at sucking up ammonia and nitrates or is it nitrites, well one of the 2, hopefully someone will correct me I am sure now enough of my raving and on with the pics.
Attached Images

Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #2 
LissaLooHoo

Your girls are gorgeous! Be careful with these sororities, if you get it just right, and all your girls are happy, get along, and are healthy, it will be a very addicting experience! I find myself always looking at what i know I can't have as my 36 has about reached its carrying capacity! Feeding time is the best time because then you get the little cheese balls who absolutely are little piggies, and jump out of the water for their food. I feed mine micro crickets occasionally and boy do they love that! I have a few bottom feeders who enjoy zucchini and occasionally I'll have a few girls gnaw at it, and its cute to watch! Your tank looks amazing! It looks so much bigger then a 29. How many girls are you housing?(:
LissaLooHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #3 
Stone

14 girls 4 corys and a rainbow shark he hides in the castle most of the time or the coral cave, when he is out and about he keeps the girls in line and stops them from having the wwf tryouts in the tank. and yes i know that is pushing the load but I have filter plus plants and I do a lot of extra work too make it work, stress zyme and a few other things to keep everyone happy and healthy
Old 03-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #4 
Jexx

do you have a picture of the rainbow shark?
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #5 
Crowntails

Rainbow sharks need at least a 55 gallon tank.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #6 
Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowntails View Post
Rainbow sharks need at least a 55 gallon tank.
No they atleast need 30, 55 gal would be ideal, He actually came with that tank, I bought the tank off of craigslist, I guess I might move him to my bigger tank but he seems perfectly happy in that tank with the girls
Old 03-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #7 
Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
do you have a picture of the rainbow shark?
Next time he is out and about I will get a pic of him
Old 03-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #8 
Giri

It looks fantastic! i was thinking of starting a NPT sorority tank. I got over the loss of Leon Klopaz now,and feel ready to have some ladies.What are all the plants you are using? Are they easy to care for?
Giri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #9 
Stone

Anacharis, water sprite, Ludwigia ,Green Hygrophila, Moneywort, Red Hygrophila,
Red Rotala, Water Wisteria, Baby Tears, Bacopa, Cabomba, java fern, temple plant I think thats it's name and a few others basically a ton of plants, but the red ones have not done so well need tons of light and a fert with iron to suceeed with those
Old 03-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #10 
Giri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Anacharis, water sprite, Ludwigia ,Green Hygrophila, Moneywort, Red Hygrophila,
Red Rotala, Water Wisteria, Baby Tears, Bacopa, Cabomba, java fern, temple plant I think thats it's name and a few others basically a ton of plants, but the red ones have not done so well need tons of light and a fert with iron to suceeed with those
I think I just want to use green anyway for my aquascape, but thank you for the heads up!
Giri is offline   Reply With Quote