Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: What is your favorite fin type?
Halfmoon 12 17.65%
Delta 2 2.94%
Super delta 0 0%
Spade 4 5.88%
Crowntail 2 2.94%
Pla kat 2 2.94%
Halfmoon plakat 17 25.00%
Giant (not technically fin type, but you know...) 1 1.47%
Double tail 5 7.35%
Veiltail 17 25.00%
A combination (please explain) 3 4.41%
Other (please explain) 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2013, 05:39 AM   #21 
Polkadot

I LOVE Veiltails! I think all types of Betta are beautiful but Veiltails are definitely my favourite.I have only ever had Veiltails and they are just such sweet,friendly & funny little buggers.Gorgeous little faces & colours too.
Polkadot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #22 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I'm surprised veiltail is the most popular right now! I won't breed them (not because I don't like them, they are just hard to sell.), but they are very nice fish. Anyone else?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #23 
registereduser

Who will you be selling your fish to?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #24 
Hadoken Kitty

They don't seem to sell on AB or breeders, etc
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #25 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
I'm doing this so that I can get an idea of what fin types are desirable and will sell easier.
I asked who you were selling to because that's why you made this poll. I'm sorry I offended you.

It's interesting to me how veil tails ran away with this poll! I guess they really are coming back into "fashion". I didn't vote for them in the poll but they are my second favorite.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #26 
Stone

Honestly I would love to see a king/giant veil tail I think that would be pretty sweet
Stone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #27 
Fenghuang

I have a soft spot for veiltails too. They're...nostalgic. My first bettas were veiltails and I guess they just remind me of simpler, happier time. I admit I only have one currently, but when I go to the store now, I see all these beautiful VTs and I kick myself every single time for going near betta displays because I don't have room for them anyway.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #28 
bryanacute

I am a total softie for halfmoons.
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #29 
Stone

well, if you look on AB veil tails are actually the rare ones, and yeah why would someone pay for one off of there plus the shipping? when most people think of bettas they think of veil tails, I had been out of fish for years, I just did not have the time money or the willingness to care for any sort of animal for 10 or so years, I have been around animals my whole life from breeding to showing of dogs, cats, birds,snakes,horses, and ostrich, and well I just had reached a point where I was tired so tired. My very first pet when I was a kid was a betta a red veil tail named sam to be joined by a blue veil tail named joe, I had fish as my relaxing animals, no shows no breeding, but due to life and moving aorund I had stopped them even, now this last year I have gotten back into fish keeping and saw the halfmoons crowntails pks giant and so on and well I have a bunch of bettas now along with other fish. I will always have a red and a blue veil tail to remind me of sam and joe, that is basically why most people vote veil tails they are the most commonly known betta, I didn't know the rest existed till about 2 years ago, plus the meer fact far more veil tails are sold by the big box stores and the pet stores than the rest hands down, they are a cheap and easy to care for fish, don't need a lot things to keep a betta alive and healthy, can't say that about a lot of fish

Last edited by Stone; 03-25-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Stone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #30 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
I have a soft spot for veiltails too. They're...nostalgic. My first bettas were veiltails and I guess they just remind me of simpler, happier time. I admit I only have one currently, but when I go to the store now, I see all these beautiful VTs and I kick myself every single time for going near betta displays because I don't have room for them anyway.
I have 2 now. When my sorority finally fades I'm going to divide my 20 gallon into 3 and have a red one a white(ish) one and a blue one in there.