Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #11 
Demysta

I put the girls into the tank now! Put the two most docile ones in first, waited about 10 minutes, then put in the two that seemed to be the aggressors (Fat Mary and one I've dubbed "Catty").
So far, Tiny Town doesn't want to put up a fight with anyone, but two of my girls having been having some nipping spats. o.O; Fat Mary seems to be setting these two girls straight by trying to assert her own dominance too. XD I'll go back to my LFS and see if there's anything that could work as cover for the top of the tank, even a plastic or silk plant floater could do...
Demysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #12 
Hadoken Kitty

I thought about suggesting the idea of using a plastic plant and just floating it. I think that would be great. I bet you could put those PetSmart plastic grass squares upside down (so the grass points down). That would be cool. It would be great for now, and you would have them on hand once you get a real floater. If you decided, you wouldn't even need one. (:
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #13 
Demysta

Yeah that's what I was thinking! Or they have soft plastic plants made for reptiles to climb on that come with suction cups. I could simply attach it to the back of the tank and have a fake floater!

I also have one plant in my tank that I'm unsure of right now. I'm not too positive on what it is exactly, but the guy I bought the tank from had it as a floater. No idea if it is one or not. I just have a few stems of it rooted down right now. I'll attach an image of it here. Maybe someone will know what kind of plant is it?
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #14 
Hadoken Kitty

Hmmmm. I'm not sure what plant that is. My plecos like to knock my plants loose a lot, so I end up just letting some of my stem plants just float until I actually take the time out to stick them back into the gravel.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #15 
Demysta

And I'm happy to report that they've all finally stopped bickering! Turns out that Tiny Town was able to become the most dominant, so Fat Mary quit bullying the others. They all clumped together waiting for food and like to swim in pairs now. I'll still look into finding some floating plant to go into my tank as a precaution though! They're so cute! X) They all charge to the top of the tank in a giant pack as soon as they see my finger!

Here are some crappy iPhone shots of them and the tank! And more suggestions cover-wise for my aquarium? I know there's quite a few silk plants, but I really want to make it all planted in the future :)
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #16 
Hadoken Kitty

whatever big plant that's in the middle would look really cool in the garish spot in the back left!!!

How cute! Sororities are so much fun! :3
Old 03-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #17 
royal

Wow! I'm thinking about starting a sorority now! Could the plants all be silk? My petstore doesn't have any live ones.
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #18 
Hadoken Kitty

Yea you totally could! Though I bet you could get a bunch of trimmings going from the classified section here too! (:
Old 03-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #19 
Fishybitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal View Post
Wow! I'm thinking about starting a sorority now! Could the plants all be silk? My petstore doesn't have any live ones.

Yes, you don't NEED live plants. They are just nice to have. Personally I wish I had fake atm. I don't care to maintain the live ones lol.
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #20 
Tikibirds

Currently mine are all live but I'm thinking of going back to almost all silk plants.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote