Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #31 
Arlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritas View Post
I'm sorry if I offend anyone now.......
I don't see the point in reviwing items for such a small tank... The options you have arent wide, and it won't really make a difference which model or brand you get when its for such a small tank.
If I were you, Id go for a 10G, since size and price might be an issue.....
Hi
As I have posted before I would love a 10Gal tank but there is not a space for it at the moment. Not due to the size of the tank but to the weight. I just don't have anything strong enough to place a 10gal set up on for now.
I feel that everything I am learning on here now to take care of my small 2.5Gal tank will always be helpful when I CAN get a larger one. I have found many new Betta lovers , not just on this site, but on many websites focused on keeping Bettas start out with the 2.5/3Gal aquarium. I (and my Bow the Betta ) do appreciate each and every help given to me here.

Arlie8)
Arlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #32 
dramaqueen
Banned

You don't HAVE to have a larger tank. The size you have will do just fine.Some people just prefer larger tanks. If I were getting a tank, I'd go with the 2.5 gallon.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #33 
Arlie

hi
I did a complete water test today and it was odd. The Nitrite and Nitrate were fine at "0" but the ammonia was .25 or a bit lower and the pH was 7.5. m This after a 50% water change Sat. I dont know how one little Betta can create so much ammonia so fast? There are no live plants in the tank, I watch to make sure he eats the pellets fed, (about 1 pellet 2-3 Maybe I am feeding my Betta too much but he still looks thin. His fins are growing back I think.
Is pH 7.5 too high? I read one place it was ok but another said neutral 7 was good.
Hope i'm not driving everyone here crazy with these
questions, sorry.
Guess another partial water change is due Tuesdau, maybe just 25% this time

Thanks
Arlie
Arlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:08 AM   #34 
dramaqueen
Banned

I just looked up a post by Kim, where she answered someone else's questions about ph. She said that bettas can be fine in the high 7's and that hers does fine at 7.6.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:53 AM   #35 
Flashygrrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlie View Post
hi
I did a complete water test today and it was odd. The Nitrite and Nitrate were fine at "0" but the ammonia was .25 or a bit lower and the pH was 7.5. m This after a 50% water change Sat. I dont know how one little Betta can create so much ammonia so fast?
Reason #1 why bettas in little bowls or cubes are a bad idea :)
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote