Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 PM   #71 
percyfyshshelley

Love these names! Great thread. Ok, here's some of mine.
Phanamus (yellow pineapple? vt). It's a Thai boy's name that means "sun," or so the Internet tells me...
Cinnabar (red and copper/silvery rosetail). A red mineral, an ore of mercury.
Star Bright (orange and turquoise PK). Well, cuz he's a little bright star swimming around his tank
Aurora (bluish turquoise white EE). For his colors, reminds me of the northern lights when I lived in Alaska.
Pegusus (marble DT) his first small tank (he couldn't swim well when I first got him) was under a big picture of Pegusus, and I noticed he looked like the picture!
Endymion (cellophane DT) after a character in a a poem by John Keats. AKA "wisp"
Poseidon (blue CT) after the Greek god of the sea
Drafon (blue and red HM) just liked the name. He has a Balinese dragon ornament in his tank.

A few more I'll add later....
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:19 AM   #72 
quietlythundering

I have the newest addition I'd like to mention!
Her name is Tsarina, and she is the most beautiful veiltail you'll ever see; her body is such a deep, rich purple, and her fins are a gorgeous wine red. The title of Queen is only fitting :D
Unfortunately, she was obtained as a rescue because she has swim bladder disease; the poor girl is going through treatment through, and should be better in no time!
quietlythundering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #73 
JadeAngel

Saki
My purple/copper double tail betta is named Murasaki No Ryuu. It means purple dragon. His fins are VERY purple, and his body is greyish/purple. He's actually a copper, but he seems to have outgrown any trace of that copper color he once had. I wanted something Japanese and elegant sounding. I call him Saki for sure.

Sushi
My husband got a royal blue crown tail. He named him Sushi, because my betta's named sounded like the alcohol "sake". He played on that with humor so our bettas were "saki and sushi". Turns out his blue crown tail had the marble gene, and went through a variety of colors from coy patterns to half white half black. He died a couple of weeks ago with no explanation.

Shisu
He just got another betta, a veil tail butterfly with a pinkish/red body and blue/red/white fins. He named him Shisu, which is just a play on his last betta's name of Sushi.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #74 
Sparrowhawk

Awesome names and reasons for them everyone! It's really interesting hearing about them! ^.^

I've got a Thai import arriving this week, he's a white DTHMPK. My partner and I are either going to name him Gandalf or Saruman, hehe. Of course, we had to continue with our sci-fi/fantasy references with names for our fishies. Which one we choose will depend on his personality. If he's a grouch, he shall be Saruman. If he's a kindly chap, he'll be Gandalf. :P He may end up being called Saruman anyway, as the seller sent me a different fish to the one I originally purchased because the one I bought initially developed a red wash. I'm assuming this will be possible with the little guy that's getting out of quarantine tomorrow and being shipped to me, so perhaps Saruman is more appropriate, as if he changes, he can just be Saruman of Many Colors instead of Saruman the White. :P
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #75 
Starchild21

My boyfriend named ours after Draven from League of Legends...
Starchild21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #76 
CrazyDiamond

Named mine after music lol
Pink Floyd after the band because at first glance he was white then when he swam through light he turned all kinds of colors like a crystal prism like the one on the front of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album.
Freddie Mercury after the lead singer of Queen because he is a purple fish which reminded me of gay pride lol, even though Mercury was actually bi but oh well, plus he is very flamboyant ^^
And Jim Morrison after the lead singer of The Doors, because I could xD
CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #77 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchild21 View Post
My boyfriend named ours after Draven from League of Legends...
AHAHA!! That's kind of awesomely hilarious. Does he have an axe decoration in his tank? :P You should get another and name him Darius. :P
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #78 
KAV 204

My bettas name is alpha because he's like the "king" of his tank
KAV 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:39 AM   #79 
Starchild21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
AHAHA!! That's kind of awesomely hilarious. Does he have an axe decoration in his tank? :P You should get another and name him Darius. :P
Haha no he doesn't have a axe but I should go find one! He has some tank mates named Daruis, Garen, Nasus and Nocturne :P
Starchild21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #80 
Fishy Mom

I love this thread. All the names were great! Here are mine.

Mr. Fishy Wishy
blue VT boy - I referred to him as Mr. Fishy in the store to my two year old daughter, which turned into Mr. Fishy Wishy when we brought him home & started baby talking to him.

Baby
Blue VT girl - we got her as a baby & my daughter called her baby fishy. At this point I figured I should stop letting my daughter name our fish.

BobbyJean
Blue CT girl - she has a big belly & her personality reminds everyone of a redneck. So, my husband wanted to name her Bob, but I said she has to have a girls name. He said BobbyJean it is & Bob for short.

Gidget
purple, brown, beige, red, blue VT girl - I got her as a baby & put her in the sorority. She was a runt & thought she was alpha girl. So little & feisty she had to be named Gidget.

Camo
Cambodian CT girl - my husband kept calling her albino & I kept correcting him. I finally got tired of telling him that I just started saying she's Camo & it stuck.

Princess
White marbled CT girl - my daughter named her, but this time it was at least a name.

I have a really cute blue baby girl & a very pretty purple girl that aren't named yet. Nothing stuck yet. :(
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote