Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #4021 
LittleBlueFishlets

*Sigh* My HM really hates his fins. He shreds them, then eats the bits. If a piece of fin drifts towards the tank bottom, he swoops down and gulps it up. Afterwards, the bits appear in his poop.

Either he really likes the taste of his fins, or he just really hates fins in general.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #4022 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
*Sigh* My HM really hates his fins. He shreds them, then eats the bits. If a piece of fin drifts towards the tank bottom, he swoops down and gulps it up. Afterwards, the bits appear in his poop.

Either he really likes the taste of his fins, or he just really hates fins in general.
this happens with a lot of long-finned bettas. they get stressed or anxious, and attack their fins because they see something big, bright and moving, but don't realise it's a part of their own body.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #4023 
Signature Farms

That's one of the reasons I've switched over to plakats. They hold their finnage so much better.
Signature Farms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:45 AM   #4024 
Chard56

I think it has to do with the breeders too. If you don't use tailbiters in your breeding program you will cut down on inheriting those traits. Same goes for egg/fry eaters. I have a few too. I'm not saying I don't but one out of 100 isn't the same as what Catw0man is having to go through. Some of mine are jarred two and three deep. When I see one with a few chunks missing it's usaully one in the back with other Bettas on two or three sides. I'll move it to the front and place it at the ends where they only have one side to flare at. The reasoning is so that they aren't seeing another Betta trying to attack them from behind and turn to bite them and actually bite themselves. Seems to work most of the time. ~ Richard
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #4025 
johanna414

I'm still fairly new to the betta hobby (I've had a Wal-mart VT for the past two years, but didn't get serious about it until recently when I added a couple more to my collection, from my LFS) so I'll admit that I'm not the most knowledgeable about fin types and quality. These all appealed to me mostly based on color... but they're all so pretty! Since I only have three tanks and they are all full, I can't buy any more but it is fun to look!

johanna414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:35 AM   #4026 
aemaki09

johanna, I was about to place a bid on the first boy you posted! Too bad I dont think I'll be getting paid until a week after his auction ends, he's absolutely stunning and would be great to carry on the line I am working with...

now, for what I was originally going to post
If anyone see's a male HM or HMPK that looks similar to this boy (posted below) in the next couple weeks, please let me know!
Like I said in the paragraph above, I need a new male to carry on my line, the original died (pictured) and I am absolutely in love with the coloration.
I dont have the time to check every single listing, but I know with the help of everyone else that likes to stalk AB, I should find a good match in no time.

The new one does not have to be an exact match, just have similar coloration and patterning.
Attached Images

aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:22 AM   #4027 
Fenghuang

I've seen a few that look similar to your boy. I know they can't replace him; I don't think they're nearly as beautiful and some of them don't have the best form, but...

Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #4028 
aemaki09

Wow! The 2nd and 3rd guy are pretty close! I'll have to take a look at that seller some more!

Thanks
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #4029 
Crowntails

Wow, the last male is a beauty!
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #4030 
Fenghuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
Wow! The 2nd and 3rd guy are pretty close! I'll have to take a look at that seller some more!

Thanks
No prob. I stalk Aquabid anyway. Good luck finding a worthy male.

Ohmygosh, this boy~!

Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this