You said he was in " a little bowl with dirty water." But now you said he was in a tank and when they removed him, they put him in a 'really big bag'?
I am confused as to what he was in before. A little bowl will likely have high ammonia levels, but a tank and big bag may not (possibly) have as much. It doesn't sound like you acclimated him to the new tank, so depending on his previous water quality, you may have shocked him.
On the plus side, you added a heater, which is good. (But the lack of acclimating may have also caused a temperature shock.....)
What is the name of the "salt stuff" you added? And how much did you use?
Last edited by LittleBlueFishlets; 03-25-2013 at 07:15 PM.